Could this save the Tories from a total wipeout?

Started by klondike, February 06, 2024, 09:20:45 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

Quote from: JBR on February 14, 2024, 03:40:07 PMThat raises another question.  What colour would the Muslim party adopt for theirs?

Black and white  ?   :smiley:

klondike

I don't think the delay in being allowed a specific party matters much either. They'll stand as independentd and rely of the "community leaders" to harvest and complete the ballots as normal.

muddy

Quote from: JBR on February 14, 2024, 03:40:07 PMThat raises another question.  What colour would the Muslim party adopt for theirs?
Green 

JBR

A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

That Yasser Arafat bloke used to sport a black and white cheque tea towel. It's probably where a derogatory and doubtless racist term I will not repeat came from. Islamic State seem to favour black sheets with white squiggles.

GrannyMac

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

dextrous63

Quote from: klondike on February 15, 2024, 06:00:26 PMThat Yasser Arafat bloke used to sport a black and white cheque tea towel. It's probably where a derogatory and doubtless racist term I will not repeat came from. Islamic State seem to favour black sheets with white squiggles.
I think Alex concurs - post #15

In this day and age, and to reflect the well known modernity of Islamic practices and values, perhaps the flag could be made of a flexible screen material (a bendy TV, if you catch my meaning) instead, which could thus have different things broadcast on it at different times in different colours.  For example, at midday it may be a globular red, to represent the massacre of some infidels somewhere.  At sunset, it could show a flame, to represent the burning of the USA flag, etc etc.

The sky is the limit. 

JBR

Quote from: klondike on February 15, 2024, 06:00:26 PMThat Yasser Arafat bloke used to sport a black and white cheque tea towel. It's probably where a derogatory and doubtless racist term I will not repeat came from. Islamic State seem to favour black sheets with white squiggles.
Yes, those head towel things that arabs seem to wear are either black and white squiggles or red and white squiggles.
Perhaps they could have two such flags, depending on whether they're Sunni or Shite.

klondike

Looks like Starmer's bum was a'twitching. As usual his timing is crap and probably the old nag is disappearing over the horizon as he fumble with the stable door.

UK Labour Party Leader Calls for Israel-Hamas Ceasefire 'Now'

British Labour Party leader Sir Keir Starmer on Sunday called for a ceasefire "now" between Israel and the Islamist Hamas terrorists in the Gaza Strip.

Appearing before a Scottish Labour conference in Glasgow on Sunday, Sir Keir Starmer once again tried to thread the needle on the Israel issue, calling for a ceasefire to the conflict, while not going so far as the far-left and Muslim factions within his base would likely wish.

Sir Keir said according to the BBC that there needs to be an end to the fighting "not just for now, not just for a pause, but permanently... A ceasefire that lasts. This is what must happen now. The fighting must stop now."

However, the Labour leader appeared to be making a distinction between "now" and calls for an "immediate" ceasefire, as the Scottish Labour conference had called for in a motion on Saturday.

The issue will be further pressed by the leftist-separatist Scottish National Party (SNP) next week when the SNP will put forward a vote calling for an immediate ceasefire in the House of Commons on Wednesday.

Full story : https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2024/02/18/uk-labour-party-leader-calls-for-israel-hamas-ceasefire-now/

Alex

:upvote: dunno who thought that one up, but it's very apt.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on February 19, 2024, 10:06:48 AMLooks like Starmer's bum was a'twitching. As usual his timing is crap and probably the old nag is disappearing over the horizon as he fumble with the stable door.

UK Labour Party Leader Calls for Israel-Hamas Ceasefire 'Now'

British Labour Party leader Sir Keir Starmer on Sunday called for a ceasefire "now" between Israel and the Islamist Hamas terrorists in the Gaza Strip.

Appearing before a Scottish Labour conference in Glasgow on Sunday, Sir Keir Starmer once again tried to thread the needle on the Israel issue, calling for a ceasefire to the conflict, while not going so far as the far-left and Muslim factions within his base would likely wish.

Sir Keir said according to the BBC that there needs to be an end to the fighting "not just for now, not just for a pause, but permanently... A ceasefire that lasts. This is what must happen now. The fighting must stop now."

However, the Labour leader appeared to be making a distinction between "now" and calls for an "immediate" ceasefire, as the Scottish Labour conference had called for in a motion on Saturday.

The issue will be further pressed by the leftist-separatist Scottish National Party (SNP) next week when the SNP will put forward a vote calling for an immediate ceasefire in the House of Commons on Wednesday.

Full story : https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2024/02/18/uk-labour-party-leader-calls-for-israel-hamas-ceasefire-now/
Completely predictable.  We all know whose side Mr Flip-Flop is on.

Of course, there is the possibility he might flip-flop again before long.

Ashy

Quite honestly most people (usually states) who indulge in armed conflict want to win it, not stop for oranges at half time. I didn't hear any politicians calling for a cease fire in Ukraine - no; they apparently want Ukraine to win it. It baffles me, they know that neither hamas nor Ukraine can win. Did we stop in the Falklands? No, we had a war to win, so does Russia, so does Israel.