Margaret Thatcher

Started by Alex, March 18, 2024, 01:29:52 PM

« previous - next »

ansu

Never heard of him - seems he isn't very popular in Germany. 
As to Merkel and the migrants - I am not happy about what happened in 2015, but I think she didn't have any alternative. The migrants just started walking from the main station in Budapest on the Autobahn to Austria and Germany and nobody could stop them. It's true in the meantime we really have a problem in accomodating them. However, you mustn't forget that we have more than a million refugees from the Ukraine here in Germany, too and I think that the people in former Eastern Germany have some difficulties with foreigners - maybe I am wrong, I don't know. There's still a gap in the mindset. 
With regard to the French, it must be said that they always have had enormous problems with migrants from the Maghreb and people from other former colonies, above all in Africa. These people live in so-called bidonvilles without any infrastructure and prospects.  Maybe this will change after the Olympic Games, as I read that the Olympic City is close to those bidonvilles and may offer jobs to them.

klondike

Quote from: ansu on March 25, 2024, 05:01:32 PMNever heard of him - seems he isn't very popular in Germany.
You must have seen him in films surely..

March 25, 2024, 05:12:10 PM
Quote from: ansu on March 25, 2024, 05:01:32 PMI read that the Olympic City is close to those bidonvilles and may offer jobs to them.
I suspect it is more likely that their camps will be trashed and they will be  moved on. Doubtless some in dinghies.

Diasi

Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Cassandra

Well I suppose we all have role models?

My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Diasi

Quote from: Cassandra on March 25, 2024, 07:32:07 PMWell I suppose we all have role models?

:upvote: :grin: :grin: :grin:

And he'll probably achieve more than Adolf could ever have imagined.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Cassandra

I just don't understand how all the so called intelligencia and glitterati can be so motivated by this Bondesque nutter, to the extent that he draws a million $ in a salary and earns Z extra millions from insider share dealing on top.

Ok Trudeau, Macron and the ex bag of teeth from New Zealand Adern, are clearly certifiable on sight,  as is the recently iced wee wonkeress from Scotland.

But our own King and the next in line to succeed Klauski, Blair being similarly 'star-spangled' seems worrying to me, there must be more to it ...
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...