So who is on the naughty step?

Started by klondike, December 29, 2021, 03:14:53 PM

« previous - next »

Raven

Once he's calmed down and hopefully thought it all through, he'll see what actually happened not what he thinks happened.  :cry:

klondike

I doubt it. That high horse is just a bit too high to climb off I'm afraid. Hope I'm wrong as I certainly didn't want a row. I rather assumed that his eye was so far off the ball that this would just chug along gathering folk.  As it says on the tagline at the top "Here just in case" which I feared was going to be prophetic.

No outages since about 2pm today so maybe he has got it fixed but I have thought that before at least twice. No outages on the official backup just a tad slower.

zoony

I've some sympathy for the guy, he's responding to being attacked, as he sees it and has to be feeling, justified or not, some sense of betrayal. The last thing he needs is a mass exit from PF because of his senseless denial. I'm sure he'll get his head around it if he cares enough to. I'll stay faithful more for his mum's memory's sake than anything else.

Michael Rolls

I have exchanged e-mails with Chris, and I am sorry to say that he clearly believes that he has been betrayed and that now he has created a back-up forum (has anyone tried it?) this place isn't needed. In view of his comments I have e-mailed him again 30 minutes or so ago, so obviously no reply yet - not everyone keeps my hours!
In my second e-mail I told him that I, and I am sure others, see the two fora as complementing each other, not in competition.
I also made clear my feelings that he let The Deep and Sciatico post their vicious condemnations of other members for far too long
Finally, I assured him that I - and I know most, perhaps all - are very appreciative of PF and the work he has put into it.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

S'all water under the bridge. What's done is done. I've given up on PF now just as I did as fortyone and pretty much for the same reason - I didn't like the way Chris ran it or sometimes didn't run it. It looks like he may have put his hand in his pocket and gone to paid hosting. I put up a separate thread on it maybe being fixed.

This place will either continue or wither and die that is up to those who came here. It seems to me that now it has become a separate board and if it is going to continue as such I'll need to make a few changes so it can. If I hadn't been effectively chucked out I'd have simply shut shop when PF got fixed but I'm afraid my relationship with Chris is soured to the point where that isn't possible for me. It is for all of you though so please just do as you all see fit.  If posts fade away here I'll just shut it. If they continue I'll improve it but with the consent of those who are posting here.

Michael Rolls

Can't say fairer than that
Mike👍👍👍
[email protected]

Raven

I'll be staying klondie, I like it here, :upvote: more things work and more smilies to choose from. Chris could improve the other forum a lot if he wanted to.  :sad:
But, having said that, I will also be going to the original forum as well, just maybe not so much.

klondike

zoony

Thank you Mark. That's good of you.

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

Alex

I like it here too, I'll just log in here before the PF UK, it used to be the other way around  :wink:

crabbyob

PFUK was the best forum  i had found, so many felt more like friends than fellow posters, ok occasionally a head would pop up and there might be a bit of harshness, but nowt that wasnt sorted... but the rejects from GOM should have been dealt with a lot better than taking down posts... now we are seen as outsiders and being monitored...mmmm... i wont ditch it but i shall refrain from my normal ebulence...

1955vintage

If this forum remains a Deep free zone, I will stay.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

klondike

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Was it you who came up with weapons grade prat - that was a classic.

Jacqueline

Hi Guys,  Not  sure if I should be here on on the other forum, or which one I am on even,  getting a bit confused, and it doesn't take much these days. After losing two long replies which got timed out and I was on my tablet so didn't back them up got a bit fed up, what with Christmas and things seem to have missed out on what is going on.

Please let me know if I should be here or there, thanks.