Royal Mail Is Getting Worse

Started by Diasi, July 23, 2023, 11:15:24 AM

« previous - next »

Diasi

I posted a small but important document on Thursday morning & requested & paid for a next day signed for Recorded Delivery service.

The tracking shows the following.

Tracking history

Thursday 20 July 2023
09:24
Accepted at Post Office
Queensway Post Office

Your item has been posted at a Post Office. As you've used our Royal Mail Signed For service, the next update you'll see is after we've attempted to deliver to the recipient.

Therefore, although I assumed the next day, for which I paid, meant it would delivered on Friday, it's still in the system somewhere.

It's time Royal Mail was sold off to Amazon.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

My order from UPS has travelled all the way up to Scotland ... I live down South..
 When I tracked my order they said delivery will be on Friday 21 at 10:15 am
..they changed to 4:25 afternoon..  No sign of a delivery..
  When I enquired about my delivery they said it will arrive Monday 8:00- 10:00 am..
  I told them that their delivery service was a bloody shambles..
 I wonder if the package will arrive.. !!
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

My son got a free 12v Lithium battery worth £260 thanks to dodgy tracking. It was going to be an Argos pickup but disappeared off the face of the earth and he had a refund. The battery box he'd ordered was an Argos pickup too and got there slower. When he picked it up the bloke at Argos gave him the battery too as it was heavy and underfoot. He had no pickup code but the bloke didn't care.

July 23, 2023, 12:00:57 PM
Meanwhile my eBay return to a probably fake return address has been stuck in a Birmingham mail centre for a fortnight. eBay have deferred paying the refund to the end of the month. I think RM allow 19 days for pickup. I imagine after that they send it back to the return address which is me. So I'll get that free.

Ashy

I sent a parcel by UPS next day delivery, it was a bit before Christmas and it was important to deliver it before the recipient left the country. Need I say more?

Diasi

And by strange coincidence UPS are delivering a parcel to me tomorrow.
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Quote from: Diasi on July 23, 2023, 05:16:09 PMAnd by strange coincidence UPS are delivering a parcel to me tomorrow.
If they are a pair of Wolky shoes the parcel is mine..  :clap:

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on July 23, 2023, 05:30:05 PMIf they are a pair of Wolky shoes the parcel is mine..  :clap:
If they don't fit me I'll forward them on to you.  :upvote:
[email protected]

JBR

Nothing has disappeared as yet, although there have been delays including some hospital/clinic appointments.  Fortunately, regarding the latter, they were late but not too late - like the day before!

I can't complain about our postie.  He's a reliable and pleasant chap and has been delivering to us for some years now.

I think that delays caused by strikes will inevitably rebound on those responsible, not only in the case of Royal Mail, but also on many others especially the trains.
As things become unreliable, people take alternative options.

With regard to parcels, many more people now use courier companies (like Amazon) rather than Royal Mail.  
Letters have already been largely replaced by emails.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

Royal Mail have pretty much priced themselves out of the market for many items. They seem to be boosting their income by having the poor postie stuff junk mail through the letterbox along with any real deliveries.

That started with when they switched over from just weight to parcel dimensions as well. Mind you I can understand why. I recall buying a big roll of bubblewrap. It was a metre wide by some length that made it best part of a metre across too. As it weighed next to nothing the postage was very low. I was amused.. I suspect the postie wasn't.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on July 23, 2023, 09:44:41 PMRoyal Mail have pretty much priced themselves out of the market for many items. They seem to be boosting their income by having the poor postie stuff junk mail through the letterbox along with any real deliveries.

Oh, without a doubt.
We get piles of that every day.
Fortunately, our postie ensures that they are kept as separate as possible from the genuine items, usually all folded together to keep them apart from the letters.

klondike

I imagine they have them in a separate bag.

Scrumpy

Delivered safely today at 5:30 a brown 3 pound package..

First photo 📦 

Diasi

UPS delivered my parcel today but the delivery time was changed three times.

The 1st Class Recorded Delivery letter that was posted on Thursday still hasn't arrived & it's only going 40 miles.
[email protected]

JBR

Quote from: klondike on July 24, 2023, 08:30:05 AMI imagine they have them in a separate bag.
I'm sure they do.  I can't imagine that in the sorting office they automatically shove a pile of junk with each letter.
Far easier to tell the postie to drop a package whenever they deliver even a single letter.