The boring thread.....

Started by Scrumpy, July 18, 2023, 11:58:08 AM

« previous - next »

GrannyMac

Thanks ladies!  Getting a pre diabetes warning kicked it off!  I've lost almost 2 stone since January, and I feel so much better.  My arthritic knee has really benefited.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

I had the first meeting with my "Health and Wellbeing" councillor the other day which the GP recommended. Seems that is mostly aimed towards weight loss. I'd be happy with a stone off. Been trying to do that with zero success for years.

He's had me recording food intake each day til the next session next Friday. I think that alone has cut me down some on picking.

Picked up the meds that are supposed to be an alternate to statins once I get the nod following a blood test (over 2 weeks lead time on what used to be a walk in service). Read up on the tablets. Seriously unimpressed with the potential side effects. I will give them a go but if I get any of the listed common side effects I won't be joining...
Common side effects
These common side effects of ezetimibe happen to more than 1 in 100 people. There are things you can do to help cope with them:

Stomach (abdominal) pain
Diarrhoea
Farting more than usual
Feeling more tired than usual

https://www.nhs.uk/medicines/ezetimibe/side-effects-of-ezetimibe/