Time for all good men...

Started by klondike, January 02, 2023, 10:07:07 AM

« previous - next »

klondike

Looks like Nigel is chucking his hat into the ring....

Farage: 'Time for All Good Men to Desert the Conservative Party'

Brexit champion Nigel Farage has argued that now is the time for "all good men" to abandon Britain's governing Conservative (Tory) Party as it hikes taxes and fails on immigration, with little sign that change is on the horizon.

"Big article in today's Daily Telegraph by Lord [David] Frost saying, 'look, I know we're not really conservative, but we could become conservative," Farage said in a video posted to social media responding to Boris Johnson's former Brexit negotiator.

Now appointed to the House of Lords as a life peer, Frost argued in the newspaper, which is close to the Conservative Party, that Conservative voters should "fight for the party and not be tempted by a Reform UK vote" despite the "drift of policy towards high tax economics and social liberalism".

Farage paraphrased Frost's thesis as being that, if the Conservatives did become conservative, "and we stopped the Channel crossings and we reduce the size of a state and we cut taxes, if we did that, we'd be a really good party — just that at the moment we're not'."

"So please, he says, please don't support Reform," Farage continued, referring to Reform UK — formerly the Brexit Party — which he formerly led and which is being positioned by current leader Richard Tice as a right-leaning alternative to the Tories headed by Prime Minister Rishi Sunak and Chancellor Jeremy Hunt.

Full story : https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2023/01/01/farage-time-all-good-men-desert-conservative-party/

I had already decided that the current Tories wouldn't be seeing my vote again whatever that resulted in. Oh golly gosh folk will cry that will mean a Labour government. Maybe but just how much worse can they be than the current mob. Unless the current Conservative party with their LibDem policies are totally wiped out then I see no chance that we will ever see a right of centre party in power again. Let them fall is my view and the sooner the better.

Remember

Scrumpy

The Conservatives really believe that they can't possibly fail when it comes to a general election.. WRONG.. 
People are well pissed off with them.. They , May,  Johnson, Rushi, Hunt.. among others have been working hard to destroy said party.. For what reason.. I know not..  Labour could do no worse.. 
Farage has much to say..  
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Our current completely unelected by anybody and rejected by the party membership PM Rishi Sunak seems to have been keeping a low profile. There will soon come a time when nobody can name the Tory leader. Just like they can't the leader of the LibDems (or perhaps somebody can without using Google).

Of course there is one of those who I'll never forget..

I can't wait to see a similar picture of laughing boy Sunak out on his arse and his party destroyed after the next election. It can so easily happen. All they need to do is carry on doing what they are now and as that seems to be bugger all on anything that matters politically I reckon we can count on that.

Diasi

As a lifelong Conservative Party supporter & a long time member, I resigned from the party within 5 minutes of Sunak being installed as leader & PM.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

GrannyMac

As pensioners, we may benefit from a Labour Government (except for those paying higher taxes).  I expect the NHS to be awash with money, (probably for more Equality tzars), thousands of council houses to be built, universities to be free for all, regardless of ability.   Immigration will increase, benefits will increase, and everyone will be happy. No one will have to take responsibility for themselves or their offspring.

Can't wait! 

Its hard voting Conservative in South Yorks btw, but I've done it against the odds. I just may not vote at all next time.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

Quote from: GrannyMac on January 03, 2023, 06:39:50 PMAs pensioners, we may benefit from a Labour Government (except for those paying higher taxes).
My father as a life long Conservative voter came to think that way. We got Blair. The three labour terms that followed very much set the course to high tax, high spend, even higher public debt we have now. I doubt you could slip a fag paper between the policies of either of the main parties now. It's time for a return to responsible government but I can't see it happening.

The most likely outcome of the next election is a high tax high spend high public debt Labour government although there is a very slight chance that we will get a high tax high spend high public debt Conservative government instead.

Diasi

Quote from: GrannyMac on January 03, 2023, 06:39:50 PMAs pensioners, we may benefit from a Labour Government (except for those paying higher taxes).
Except for those of us paying any tax. I hope you haven't forgotten 'Brown the Clown' who, overnight, ensured that many with a modest private pension were no better off, & often worse off, than those who relied 100% on the State to fund their old age.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

GrannyMac

Quote from: Diasi on January 03, 2023, 08:16:22 PMExcept for those of us paying any tax. I hope you haven't forgotten 'Brown the Clown' who, overnight, ensured that many with a modest private pension were no better off, & often worse off, than those who relied 100% on the State to fund their old age.
Quote from: klondike on January 03, 2023, 07:08:00 PMMy father as a life long Conservative voter came to think that way. We got Blair. The three labour terms that followed very much set the course to high tax, high spend, even higher public debt we have now. I doubt you could slip a fag paper between the policies of either of the main parties now. It's time for a return to responsible government but I can't see it happening.

The most likely outcome of the next election is a high tax high spend high public debt Labour government although there is a very slight chance that we will get a high tax high spend high public debt Conservative government instead.

It was meant to be tongue in cheek.  Like you, I can't see a fag paper between them.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Diasi

Quote from: GrannyMac on January 03, 2023, 08:59:58 PMIt was meant to be tongue in cheek.  Like you, I can't see a fag paper between them.
I'd call us losing £50 a week, when Labour scrapped the State Pension adult dependent allowance, more than the width of a fag paper.
[email protected]

klondike

Labout haven't been in power for 12 years. The Tories have been on a leftward slide for a very long time. We now have the highest tax burden since WW2 and that has been imposed by a Tory government. I can no longer see any difference.

Shouting that Labour would be worse won't convince the young who have never seen a full on Labour government (the Blair government hid their profligacy and it was mostly still hidden when they got nudged out by the effects of the thieving bankers bail out). Nothing is going to stop it now. We are approaching the event horizon at an ever increasing rate.

Alex

The Tories think they will still scrape the next election, only because voters are afraid of the alternative.

klondike

They might but given the mess they have created they certainly don't deserve to. It won't be with my assistance and that's for sure. 

Scrumpy

They have lost my vote.. But Labour have not gained it..  
I will not be voting..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

When Amazon banned me from leaving product reviews my initial reaction was "screw you, I can shop elsewhere", but here I am, buying more things from Amazon than ever before.

Why? Well because Amazon offer a better service than the others do so the only things I don't buy from Amazon are the things I can't get from Amazon or they're big items that I buy from the manufacture or AO etc.

On the same basis, & as a lifelong pragmatist, I will most likely continue to vote Tory as I know Reform won't get elected & I can't afford another Labour government robbing me with it's jiggery-pokery with the State Pension & private pensions.
[email protected]

Ashy

I don't think the conservative party wants to win the next election. They have left one hell of a mess to clear up and they are clearly just waiting for it all to be someone else's problem.