Good Morning, Whatcha Up To The Day?

Started by Raven, December 15, 2021, 12:33:18 PM

« previous - next »

Raven

Hello Morty, It's strange talking to you here instead of OFF.:wink: I do still go there though as I'm deeply embedded in the Scottish Club.
I'm slowly starting to feel a bit more human, and the mobility is improving, I'm able to do a bit more for myself instead of being waited on by the kids. I'm too independent for my own good according to my OH.
I have had border line Diabetes for many years now, I keep it under control by my diet, it's not always good but the next week I don't put a foot wrong. I still get hauled into the surgery every 6 months for them to check up on me though.

morty

Well I would say it's nice to see you back ...  :rofl:.. except it's me that's the newbie visitor not you.

But you do sound more your old self which is great .. you'll be fighting fit by spring. 

Michael Rolls

gales forecast around lunch time and a chance of rain - so feet up indoors!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Sheila

Good to see you are improving Raven.

We are both still tired after our flight home from Cuba.  Missing a night's sleep when we are older is hard.  The turbulence was bad both ways but worse on the way home.  I've never heard the pilot suddenly shout 'put your seat belts on immediately' before.

I've done about seven loads of washing and Paul has done the ironing so today is a tidy up.  The food is bland in Cuba and I fancy a curry this evening.

Raven

Quote from: Michael Rolls on January 29, 2023, 03:00:14 AMgales forecast around lunch time and a chance of rain - so feet up indoors!

Gales? Great,that'll be my fences bashed about again. :worried:

Michael Rolls

The last lot brought down one of my panels around the patio, and for the life of me I can't see a way of getting it back up without major effort, so it will have to wait until the weather is a bit warmer - I really feel the cold nowadays
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Quote from: Sheila on January 29, 2023, 03:26:40 AMGood to see you are improving Raven.

We are both still tired after our flight home from Cuba.  Missing a night's sleep when we are older is hard.  The turbulence was bad both ways but worse on the way home.  I've never heard the pilot suddenly shout 'put your seat belts on immediately' before.

I've done about seven loads of washing and Paul has done the ironing so today is a tidy up.  The food is bland in Cuba and I fancy a curry this evening.

One of my fears is turbulence on a plane.. 
I sat by a pilot when travelling once.. The notice came up for passengers to strap themselves in immediately.. The pilot knew I was concerned.. He said
'Don't be frightened.. The crew put that warning up often.. They do it to free the aisles up so they can wheel their trollies through'
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Sheila

Scrumpy, I am 100% sure it was genuine turbulence but I was too tired to care much by then!

Scrumpy

Shelia.. Me too..  I was so scared once I wouldn't even go to the loo.. I was worried about the loo cubicle being separated from the plane.. 
I think Sam was asleep at the time.. He often slept through my (worries)..  :grin: :grin: :grin:

morty

I bet I'm the only one on here who has never been on plane or gone abroad.

Adventorous spirit aren't I.

Had a pretty good day today. I pottered around a bit and played with some paint. 
You can keep your gales  :smiley: .... I find them scary.

Michael Rolls

so do I!
Most we have had locally was 80-85 mph a few years ago - that was the night the highlands registered - from memory - something like 160!
[email protected]

Alex

I don't like turbulence either, my worst experience was coming into land at Newark, New York and the turbulence was so bad we circled the airport 3 times !  When one of the stewardesses threw up, my friend and I grabbed hands. :cool:   

klondike

My very first flight involved turbulence. I remember wondering if the wings were supposed to be flapping. The weightless drops were worse though. A firm set down on an icy runway is no fun either. I won't be flying anywhere ever again.

Scrumpy

Our plane was descending getting ready to land when it , suddenly, headed back up into the sky..
Another plane was across the landing strip.. 
Bloody scary..