David Cameron

Started by Alex, November 13, 2023, 09:18:46 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

I think Nigel Farage will do well in the jungle.. At least viewers will listen to him .. If he has anything of interest to say.. If he completes the tasks that are thrown at him they will admire him.. At the moment very few know of him..
Never underestimate the power of TV..  Whether or not you like I'm a Celebrity it is watched by millions of all ages.. TV exposure isn't always a bad thing..
 If he plays his cards right he can crack it.. and I think he will..
  Good luck to the man.. He seems to be our last chance of getting it right..
The most powerful man never to have been an MP.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

It'll depend somewhat on what bits they edit in and out for broadcasting.  He'll not know until he's voted out.

klondike

Pity he wasn't made a baron and our Foreign Secretary with Cameron feasting on kangaroo todgers.

Alex

How will Cameron as a member of the House of Lords answer questions in the House of Commons ?   :hmm:  :hmm:

Alex

No wonder he's smiling with a cabinet salary AND £350 per day from the auld duffers place. :shocked:

Alex

Quote from: Alex on November 13, 2023, 03:14:33 PMNo wonder he's smiling with a cabinet salary AND £350 per day from the auld duffers place. :shocked:

He's not going to take his £350 a day apparently, but  he won't be able to be questioned by MPs in the chamber over foreign policy.  Crazy.

JBR

Just another stupid mistake by Sunak after sacking Braverman.
Anyway, just another year at most and then they'll be out.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Ashy

Questions will be fobbed off answered by a minister in the department. Personally I think it's outrageous for this prime minister to appoint someone from outside parliament altogether when he has 357 MPs and umpteen dozen lords and ladies all being paid to sit around doing nothing.

dextrous63

Quote from: Ashy on November 13, 2023, 05:47:08 PMQuestions will be fobbed off answered by a minister in the department. Personally I think it's outrageous for this prime minister to appoint someone from outside parliament altogether when he has 357 MPs and umpteen dozen lords and ladies all being paid to sit around doing nothing.
Eleven pipers piping....

Anyway, given modern technology (ie a phone), I'm sure that real time responses could be given.

Cassandra

Cameroon is not the first unelected 'Foreign Secretary'. Lord Carrington did a very fine job in that role, until he fell on his sword over the Falklands, which I always felt was a great shame. Alexander Frederick Douglas-Home, Baron Home of the Hirsel KT, PC, styled as Lord Dunglass between 1918 and 1951 and the Earl of Home from 1951 until 1963, actually went the other way. He forsook his title to become an MP and arguably our best ever Foreign Secretary, latterly of course P.M.

Unfortunately 'just call me Dave' (as a 'Lord') won't be able to address the House of Commons.  He will however answer questions on Foreign Policy in the 'Upper' House. Response to MP's points will be answered by a 'junior minister' in the Commons.

He's not worth all the trouble as time will demonstrate. Sunak's given up on the Red Wall and Right of the Party. He's now concentrating on the Wokes and Liberal rump of his miserable administration, hoping to convert a few Ulez loving, hug a Hammas, Carbon zeroed, 'Guardian reading BBC wets from Ed Davey!

Welcome to a 120 seat party (if they're lucky) - due in 2024 some time!
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Michael Rolls

Not just the Tories - Patrick Gordon Walker tread a similar path, although only for a few months (a similar path?) under Wilson
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]