Wilko

Started by Alex, August 03, 2023, 01:32:35 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Just reading Wilko on the brink of Administration !  this is a shame, I like this shop and I do shop there when I can.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newslondon/wilko-on-the-brink-of-collapsing-into-administration-with-12000-jobs-at-risk/ar-AA1eJExz

klondike

I shop there myself occasionally but that occasionally has been getting a lot more occasional of late.  I fear the days of bricks and mortar shops other than supermarkets are coming to an end.

I did see the old Toys'r'us just down the road from me which has been standing empty for years was showing signs of maybe being put to new use - lots of builders with big machines. Maybe they'll turn it into student flats - that's what happened to Debenhams in town.

On the same little retail park at least half the shops have changed over a fairly short time. I think Comet was the first to go there but that really was ages back. Checking I see it was December 2012.

Ashy

Their shops always seem to be reasonably busy and they sell a lot of useful things. What can have gone wrong?

GrannyMac

We have a local Wilko, but its suffered due to the proximity of Home Bargains and B&M.  
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

Quote from: GrannyMac on August 03, 2023, 10:28:41 PMWe have a local Wilko, but its suffered due to the proximity of Home Bargains and B&M. 

Home Bargains sell packs of bacon of all things, great for soup.  (I think I should have put this in the boring thread  :grin: )

klondike

It is impossible for bacon to be boring.  :grin:

Alex