oh goody, goody!

Started by Michael Rolls, March 31, 2023, 10:23:13 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

SSE have just advised me that my electricity will be cheaper from tomorrow. My  standard energy will be 2.2% cheaper, my heating control will be 2.9% cheaper. Just in case I got too happy. the stadning charge will increase by 15% - how on earth can they justify that? That standing charge will be £216 a year - to be fair, a mere bagatelle compared to the cost of usage, but even so...
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

klondike

You only have one service to pay a standing charge to. In fact you are the government's darling with no gas. They'll maybe give you a tax payer funded heat pump if you play your cards right.

Michael Rolls

no thank you - invention of the devil!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on March 31, 2023, 10:23:13 AMSSE have just advised me that my electricity will be cheaper from tomorrow. My  standard energy will be 2.2% cheaper, my heating control will be 2.9% cheaper. Just in case I got too happy. the stadning charge will increase by 15% - how on earth can they justify that? That standing charge will be £216 a year - to be fair, a mere bagatelle compared to the cost of usage, but even so...
Shell have reduced our usage costs & increased our standing charges.

Your electricity rates are changing from 33.006p to 32.364p per kWh. Your electricity standing charge per day is changing from 49.54p to 55.60p.
Your gas rates are changing from 10.244p per kWh to 10.243p per kWh. Your gas standing charge per day is changing from 28.48p to 29.11p.

The standing charge increase is to pay for the extra operating costs incurred by prepayment meter users.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]