Snippets

Started by Alex, April 11, 2024, 08:17:12 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Here's a snippet to kick off

Royal Navy recruits are no longer required to prove they can swim in a move which has been blasted as a 'desperate' relaxing of standards.

According to an insider source, applicants in the future will be able to 'self-declare' if they can swim.

It comes after the Royal Navy were forced to turn to social media in January to recruit for a top commander role amid a serious drop in recruitment figures in the last year.

'In a sign of true desperation to increase recruitment numbers, being able to swim will no longer be an entry requirement to join the Royal Navy

Sky

JBR

Quote from: Alex on April 11, 2024, 08:17:12 PMHere's a snippet to kick off

Royal Navy recruits are no longer required to prove they can swim in a move which has been blasted as a 'desperate' relaxing of standards.

According to an insider source, applicants in the future will be able to 'self-declare' if they can swim.

It comes after the Royal Navy were forced to turn to social media in January to recruit for a top commander role amid a serious drop in recruitment figures in the last year.

'In a sign of true desperation to increase recruitment numbers, being able to swim will no longer be an entry requirement to join the Royal Navy

Sky
I imagine that if any future sailors who can't swim would very quickly learn how to do it when they first fall into the sea!  Actually, if they don't panic they'd simply float anyway, especially in salt water.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Alex

I can't swim, if I fell in the sea I'd have heart failure before I drowned  :grin:

JBR

Quote from: Alex on April 11, 2024, 09:00:31 PMI can't swim, if I fell in the sea I'd have heart failure before I drowned  :grin:
If the sea was calm, you'd float.

Until a hungry shark came along, of course.

Vlad

I can swim I wasn't in the Navy, but I was the 1962 underwater wrestling champion for two consecutive seasons
I was also circumcised at birth, now that is a snippet.
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

klondike

To be honest if the navy does it's job right their sailors won't need to swim. They have ships.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on April 12, 2024, 12:24:36 AMTo be honest if the navy does it's job right their sailors won't need to swim. They have ships.
Oh they do.  If they've been naughty, they send sailors down to clean the ship's bottom.  I think they might stop it moving first, though.

klondike

You been reading Nelson's biography?

I'm pretty much certain in these days of an inclusive navy with enlightened officers and disciplinary methodology miscreants just get detention or lines.

Scrumpy

Snippet..

I have also noticed that hairdressers do not need any skills to cut hair.. As long as they can operate a pair of scissors and a comb they will be qualified to cut hair..
It is the decision of the hairdresser whether or not you need anything off the fringe..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

Nah, change your hairdresser Scrumps !  :grin: