Losing Your Swimming Pool.. Not Happy About it.

Started by Raven, May 17, 2022, 12:11:01 PM

« previous - next »

Raven

I saw in the News today that several pools in England are closing because of the heating bills. :cry: They are caught between the devil and the deep blue sea, if they up their prices then people can't afford it so stop coming, and the pool closes. :cry: The pool here is a good bit cooler as they have dropped the temp, it's blooming bbbrrrr when you first go in, :shocked: the jacuzzi's are not so hot either. :downvote: There is talk of closing off one of the Steam Rooms and one of the Saunas to save money. If they put the price up then I know most of us will leave, as it will just be too much to afford. :angry:
So enjoy your Pools while you can, you may not have them much longer.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2022/apr/26/swimming-pools-in-uk-will-close-without-energy-bailout-ministers-told

GrannyMac

I think the same has happened re the water temperature of the pool I go to Raven.  Hopefully they'll keep going.  Lots of my aqua class group are well over pension age, many with replacement knees and hips, there really isn't better form of exercise for us.

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Raven

Quote from: GrannyMac on May 17, 2022, 01:23:19 PM
I think the same has happened re the water temperature of the pool I go to Raven.  Hopefully they'll keep going.  Lots of my aqua class group are well over pension age, many with replacement knees and hips, there really isn't better form of exercise for us.

Exactly the same here, I know how badly I was affected during the first lockdown,  after no swimming for about 9 months I got hit with sciatica and the pain was terrible. It took a long time for the pain to go again, but after the pool reopened things eased back to normal for me. I'm one of the younger ones who swim first thing, most are 75+ Same age group in the exercise classes. It would be bad if we lost it all again.

Alex

Quote from: GrannyMac on May 17, 2022, 01:23:19 PM

Do you get many non-swimmers doing  aqua classes GM?

GrannyMac

A few Alex. There's no swimming involved, we stand chest high in the water, and follow the instructor who stands on the side.

Alex

Raven

Can't do any harm Alex, and I expect you'll enjoy it. 🤽‍♀️

GrannyMac

If you have joint or mobility issues you might get a referral from your GP for health reasons.

Here that gives cheaper membership. I've got to know a few of the class, sometimes even stop for a coffee after. 

Alex