I'd forgotten this

Started by klondike, April 18, 2022, 10:59:27 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

Came across it in my favourites. PF outages report. Seems it's still running on my Pi webserver. I'd forgotten how bad it had got as shown right down the bottom. Lot better now but not entirely clean.
https://pensioners.digitalham.co.uk/PF/PF_outage_report.php

Mind you letschat hasn't been entirely problem free. If anybody got caught please accept my apologies
https://pensioners.digitalham.co.uk/LC/LC_outage_report.php

Alex

Keep up the good work klondike  :upvote: even if I have no idea what the above means  :grin: :grin: :grin:

Scrumpy

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

-Oy-

I've had 3 or 4 server connection errors recently - all using free WiFi at cafe's etc. Switching to 4g works - Hmmmmmm...
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

klondike

My monitors run on my home broadband.

As it happens the letschat outage coincides with one on PF so it could have been my home connection at fault for that one but as PF had another just before it I think it may have been a cloudflare issue as both sites run through that.

-Oy-

Quote from: klondike on April 19, 2022, 11:24:26 AM
My monitor runs on my home broadband.

As it happens the letschat outage coincides with one on PF so it could have been my home connection at fault for that one but as PF had another just before it I think it may have been a cloudflare issue as both sites run through that.
I switched to Cloudflare for my forum a few years back and it caused nothing but problems so undid it.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

klondike

It seems to work OK for this one so far but I added letschat to it manually rather than relying on some hosters control panel. I had tried that in the past with a different site and reverted because of limitations with email control using it that way. It does stuff free that saves me effort such as setting up SSL certificates.

Because of the many error messages PF used to give I though it was an unreliable hosting service at the time. My son does this stuff for a living, explained how it works and how to use it and recommended its use. I then realised that it was just reporting the host server errors.

crabbyob

well so far i have no jumping thu hoops but get a direct connec tion.....everythings crossed

klondike

You may do slightly better there with it through Cloudflare  than without as you will be using servers local to you for some of the content but a lot still needs to come from the server in the UK.