Main Menu

Tesco Van

Started by Alex, April 09, 2024, 06:28:15 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Not really a joke, but funny...

klondike

:grin: :grin: :grin:

I've been fruitlessly looking out for a picture showing the slogan on the back of some buses here

This bus removes 35 cars from the road

I always give those ones a wide berth.

Alex

GrannyMac

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

muddy

JBR

Quote from: Alex on April 09, 2024, 06:28:15 PMNot really a joke, but funny...

To be honest, I think that all EVs are a bit of a joke, and I'm not alone as they seem to be becoming less popular recently.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Scrumpy

Quote from: klondike on April 09, 2024, 06:36:22 PM:grin: :grin: :grin:

I've been fruitlessly looking out for a picture showing the slogan on the back of some buses here

This bus removes 35 cars from the road

I always give those ones a wide berth.

:grin: :grin: :grin:

April 11, 2024, 09:27:51 AM

Tesco Van...  :grin: :grin: :grin:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Quote from: Scrumpy on April 11, 2024, 09:26:51 AMThis bus removes 35 cars from the road
Need to see one caught in traffic to have the time to get my phone out for a photo. I'm an old sausage fingers these days. Two dupuytrens ops down and another lafer this year haven't helped.

My left hand was like this

Completely ruined my ballroom dancing career  :sad:

Scrumpy

Aww bless.. You haven't got a thumb..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

Have to ops helped Klondy ?  I've got it too but not yet at 90 degrees

klondike

I think they'll consider an op at well less than 90degrees.

The first straightened the finger but there is a pretty big scar down my palm from it plus a tendon must have been cut as the topmost joint doesn't work properly. Poor stitchwork as there is no scaring of note from the second op but that hasn't completely straightened the finger. It was left too long over lockdown and was actually joining or even joined to my palm. That surgeon told me it was unlikley to fully straighten.

The upcoming one has been static for ages and I think is a bit of the stuff the first surgeom missed which has grown more as it started soon after that first op. It caused no real problems apart from recently the fingertip feels odd and I get an itching in the wrist. I think both are caused by the pressure the stuff is putting on the nerve. Whether of not that is correct I don't know and the op may do little. I've asked for a regional block as I've had a few bad reactions to general anaesthetics and had to stay in overnight at least twice on what should have been day surgery. The first time I didn't realise what it was but the symptoms were the same and that one lead to me being put on BP tablets.

Dupuytrens is always elective surgery as it does no actual harm other than inconvenience. The first two certainly were inconvenient. I was ignoring the current one but eventually got it checked as I was afraid the tingly fingertip which had just started would get worse. In fact it hasn't but I may as well go ahead having waited as long as I have.

GrannyMac

I have a lump on my left palm the GP thinks is the start of Dupuytrens.  My fingers are still ok though.  Must be a nuisance k.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

It's like all the other odds and sods that no longer work perfectly - you eventually don't notice. 

I have a theory that it makes me clumsy. We have a body map in our brains which the brain uses to keep track of position of fingers etc. That map doesn't get updated to keep track of the fact that the positions no longer match that map and so things not longer work entirely automatically - result clumsiness.

Diasi

By sheer coincidence I saw an electric Amazon van being recovered this morning, so some missed Amazon deliveries in North Lincolnshire.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

Quote from: klondike on April 11, 2024, 03:04:48 PMIt's like all the other odds and sods that no longer work perfectly - you eventually don't notice.

I have a theory that it makes me clumsy. We have a body map in our brains which the brain uses to keep track of position of fingers etc. That map doesn't get updated to keep track of the fact that the positions no longer match that map and so things not longer work entirely automatically - result clumsiness.

This is mine, only problem I have is getting gloves on in winter !   Doctor previously told me they wouldnt do anything until it was at 90 ยบ