Different Cultures

Started by Ashy, April 05, 2024, 11:50:07 AM

« previous - next »

Ashy

If an Indian finds a Rupee, he picks it up, kisses it and thanks his God.

If an Australian finds one he fetches a bucket of disinfectant.

JBR

Quote from: Ashy on April 05, 2024, 11:50:07 AMIf an Indian finds a Rupee, he picks it up, kisses it and thanks his God.

If an Australian finds one he fetches a bucket of disinfectant.
If a Yorkshireman finds one, he quickly stuffs it in his pocket and hopes that nobody saw him do it.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Scrumpy

We, in Surrey, wouldn't bend over for a Rupee.  :wink:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Depends if I had my glasses on or not....

Alex

People don't drop money around here

JBR

Quote from: Alex on April 05, 2024, 07:26:11 PMPeople don't drop money around here
People don't even have money around here!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

When those slippy tenners first came out I found two in a week. I think people must have put them in their back pockets and they worked their way out. One was outside a garage with a shop and the other outside a betting shop. People learn by their mistakes though - I never found any more. 

dextrous63

Not sure if I've mentioned this, but a few weeks back whilst on one of my litter picking jaunts, I found a £10 note.  I took it home and left in on the kitchen radiator to dry off.  The next morning it had disappeared.  My wife (who didn't know that I'd found it) had taken it to church and put it in the collection.

This proves that my good deeds will be rewarded in heaven and deffo not on earth 🤬

Ashy

I'm wondering, given the comments, whether the anyone realised the original joke is not about money, but the unfortunate habits of the kangaroo.

Before collecting my coat, I shall just recant the dream I had last night. I was standing beside the grave at the funeral of the man who invented the USB plug. They lowered the coffin into the grave, but it wouldn't go, so they pulled it out, turned it round and put it back in.

Now I'll get my coat.

p.s. When I woke up I had a look and found that the man is still alive and still working for Intel.