RNLI

Started by Alex, October 19, 2022, 03:16:42 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

I've just watched part of an RNLI video showing migrants being rescued in the channel.  Very commendable, we saw 5 people rescued from a dinghy with an obviously distresses mother passing her toddler to safe RNLI hands. 

WELL! this was enough to get me donating to them, or maybe not. :grin:  No mention of the fact that 95% + of migrants rescued are fit, young men, in fact the RNLI was lucky to find a dinghy with women and kids in it, AND lucky enough to have filmed the rescue.

Diasi

The Civil Service has bought, & funds, a number of RNLI lifeboats over the years, & at one time I was a local collector for our office, before we had voluntary donations deducted fom salary.

However, I will not contribute to the RNLI while it's assisting with migrant rescues.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Lorry drivers get fined for bringing in illegals. Just sayin...

Ashy

And the RNLI could take the distressed mariners back to France where they came from, why bring them illegally to England?

Alex

Good question Ashy, our Border Farce not allowed to return dinghy boys to France, but is it different for RNLI which is a "charity"  ?

Ashy

If the boat was full of Frenchmen, and was genuinely in distress, they wouldn't want to be taken to a foreign country. It's stark staring mad.