food for thought,

Started by alfred, May 29, 2022, 09:39:39 AM

« previous - next »

alfred

With possible future prospects of a world food shortage , unless the war between Russia and Ukraine ends , could people slowly and gradually become 
Vegan as apparently more people are turning away from eating meat even though the masses haven't changed yet , 

for example the Chinese nation has since time began have  ate rice which acts as a filler if added to meat, fish, or anything else, in particular curry, so again could our taste change over time as world events could change the way we eat and like our food ,

Q; have you thoughts when it comes to eating food could you become a vegetarian ??

klondike

I can't be having with vegan food myself. There were a couple of reasons suggested why it would be beneficial to the planet as opposed to just animal welfare and they were CO2 emission reduction and avoiding food shortages.

The current crisis caused by Russia can only be temporary because the world powers will force it to be so either by pressuring Russia or Ukraine to cease and desist so the exports can resume.

On the CO2 front well from what I can make out despite the continued hoohaa produced by the green lobby actual temperature increases have apparently stalled and there are in fact no more extreme  weather events than there were in the past but every one is being reported as evidence of Armageddon.

Global population increase in the developed world is in decline and most of the third world seems to be intent on moving into nations in the developed world. That means we may have slowed the need for ever more intensive agriculture which of itself will reduce emissions without the need to eat the inedible.

Scrumpy

Perhaps someone could explain what would happen to the animals that are used for meat.. !!
 Would they be left to roam free.. ? Would they be culled should they become too many. ?
Trophy hunters would have a field day...
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Mark

They would never be born. Once the last meat animal was sold off the breeding animals would go for dog meat if too old too be sold as edible meat for humans although I expect most would become sausages where the bar is so low I doubt any would be too old to get over it.

1955vintage

Having enjoyed a sizeable carvery lunch with excessive meat, I can see no way I could go veggie.
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

klondike

There are always situations that could force it but in my case they would need to be very desperate situations indeed.

klondike

Jacqueline

Four Welsh schools are to give the poor kids roasted Crickets for lunch!!!   Yuk!!!!!!

Michael Rolls

perhaps they have run out of rarebits!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

Quote from: Jacqueline on May 31, 2022, 06:11:02 PMFour Welsh schools are to give the poor kids roasted Crickets for lunch!!!   Yuk!!!!!!

Ye Gods whatever next. I assume they're halal ? :grin:

klondike

Hard to slit a cricket's throat and leave it to bleed out so probably not. 

Alex

Sarcasm klondike you missed it ! :rolleyes:

Jacqueline

Quote from: Alex on June 01, 2022, 11:02:08 AMYe Gods whatever next. I assume they're halal ? :grin:

Certainly not Kosher, Jews are not allowed to eat insects, halal dosent approve of eating insects with the exception of locusts, could you class a cricket as  locust?

klondike