I've given in!

Started by Michael Rolls, October 01, 2022, 09:14:41 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

and turned the heating on - although only in the lounge and the kitchen, and then only low. 16C in both rooms this morning was too much - or rather, too little
Mike  :boo:
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

So have I Michael.. Just for an hour in the mornings and evenings.. It is set at 21C down from 22C..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

I've not yet switched on the central heating function, the front rooms are down to 15c but they're not used.

My bedroom, where basically I live, is at 21c at the moment.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

I've resisted switching on the GCH so far.   I bought myself a flanelette top sheet in Dunelm to go under the duvet cover, much cosier than ordinary cotton.

Ashy

I've put the fleecy underblanket back on.

Raven

I washed the bedding today and packed away the summer duvet. Got the heavier winter one on the bed now. Cozy Cozy, I hope. 🛌

Michael Rolls

so far, I haven't suffered with just the two rooms heated to 18C (actually, due to solar gain, the kitchen is currently at 20C, but that won't last as the sun moves round)
It is surprising at how small a difference is easily noticeable. Before I turned the heating on - and it was a rainy day, no solar gain - my hands were so cold I could hardly type, kept hitting the wrong keys. Now, just a couple of degrees warmer -no problem
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Jacqueline

Please guys don't get cold, if you need the heating you must turn it on, it's no good getting cold which could lead to illness.  If you can't pay your bills your not alone and your energy supplier must make payment plans for you, just as long as you tell them you are in trouble, talk to them.

Actually with the £67 a month off my electric bill, for this six months October to March it's not quite as bad as I expected it to be.  I have Oil central heating and that has gone up by £60 a month, but at least I have paid for it up front, and have the £500 Winter Fuel Allowance to come towards the next lot.  I am having to watch every penny but so far so good.

It's not right that we should be in this position, and the bloody government needs to do more to help pensioners and other people on low incomes instead of giving large tax cuts to those who are not suffering like we are.  Sorry, I know I go on about it, but it just makes my blood boil that we are paying for all those dinghy boys when we are in dire straights.

klondike

Mines been on a week, Set lower than it was and rarely comes on. I haven't been cold so far. I don't doubt that it will be on longer once we get into winter but I'm not going to save a few bob by spending time in hospital recovering from hypothermia or even more not caring about it six foot under.

Alex

I don't think any of us on here would be daft enough to get to the 'hypothermia' stage.   I hate the cold and as soon as my house feels uncomfortably chilly, then the heating goes on. 

klondike

People do.

I wonder if this may be a reason...

Hypothermia is defined as a body core temperature below 35.0 °C (95.0 °F) in humans.[2] Symptoms depend on the temperature. In mild hypothermia, there is shivering and mental confusion. In moderate hypothermia, shivering stops and confusion increases.[3] In severe hypothermia, there may be hallucinations and paradoxical undressing, in which a person removes their clothing, as well as an increased risk of the heart stopping.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothermia