Went the day well... ?

Started by Scrumpy, September 30, 2022, 08:44:23 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Unfortunately not for the Tories... 
Labour are leading in the popularity stakes.. Imagine if they had a leader with more charisma than Starmer !! .. Then they WOULD be a threat..
 I'm going to say this.. Boris started all this unpopular feeling..
The party need a good clean out.. and fresh faces.. They have a lot of work to do ..
 I am  Tory.. I liked Boris.. He was the best.. up until the Covid crisis. and lock down.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

GrannyMac

I'm prepared to wait until there's a proper budget. Personally I've not been affected by the tax changes, the extra we're all getting on our fuel bills, and the extra £300 for pensioners is all good.  Anyone on means tested benefits gets £650.

I think opting to increase immigration is a vote loser, but I can't see Labour reversing that.  If any government could stop the dinghies, they might just be forgiven for selective overseas recruitment.  The more educated, better paid immigrant population are far more integrated than those who live by mediaeval standards. 

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

I think Truss and her Chancellor are running scared at the moment..
 I understand little when it comes to finance and politics and I never pretend that I know it all..
However .. I listen.. and it doesn't sound like the two are very popular at the moment..

klondike

Quote from: Scrumpy on September 30, 2022, 08:44:23 AMLabour are leading in the popularity stakes.. Imagine if they had a leader with more charisma than Starmer !!
Or some policies that didn't involve taking everything back into public ownership without explaining where the money will come from. Then they have the brass neck to say these tax cuts (not extra public spending although you'd think they were) are unfunded.

Both parties are heavily into Zero Carbon which to them means windmills which makes us dependent on gas which has skyrocketed in price thanks to the Russian invasion of Ukraine and resulting sanctions.

To my mind it doesn't matter who wins as both are going to naff up the economy. The only difference is which methods they use to do that.

Raven

Shoot me down if you like :waiting: BUT, I said all along that it would be a massive mistake for herself to win the PMs job. Sooner she's sliced, diced, and out the door the better. Taking that chancellor with her. :angry:

Diasi

Quote from: GrannyMac on September 30, 2022, 08:52:50 AMI'm prepared to wait until there's a proper budget. Personally I've not been affected by the tax changes, the extra we're all getting on our fuel bills, and the extra £300 for pensioners is all good.  Anyone on means tested benefits gets £650.

I think opting to increase immigration is a vote loser, but I can't see Labour reversing that.  If any government could stop the dinghies, they might just be forgiven for selective overseas recruitment.  The more educated, better paid immigrant population are far more integrated than those who live by mediaeval standards
I totally agree & that's my stance too.

The left-wing media & all the other idiots are putting a negative spin on everything the Tories are doing without bothering to wait to see what the longer term results are.

As regards immigration I don't think the Tories have ever said they want to stop it, what we want is immigration by doctors etc, not immigration by car washers.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

What we seem to be getting is immigration by cannabis farmers and drug runners...

Oh and "Turkish" barbers...

Raven

I have no objection to the ones who come in legally and take up jobs that need doing. It's the Dingy lot I'd like to get lost. :angry:

klondike

Dinghy boys maybe 40,000
Legal immigration    1,000,000+

Even the legal ones  need housing and infrastructure neither of which keep up with the numbers.

Raven

Hhmmmm, didn't realise it was that many. :worried:

Scrumpy

We will get a boat load of illegal immigrants all wearing stethoscopes around their necks carrying scalpels..

Raven

Quote from: Scrumpy on September 30, 2022, 10:44:08 AMWe will get a boat load of illegal immigrants all wearing stethoscopes around their necks carrying scalpels..

Sshhh, Don't give the scunners any more ideas to get in. :embarrassed:

klondike

They don't need any more ideas. All they need do is recite the magic words.

All together now

"I wish to seek asylum"

September 30, 2022, 10:59:05 AM
Quote from: Raven on September 30, 2022, 10:41:06 AMHhmmmm, didn't realise it was that many. :worried:
Some go the other way bringing the net inward figure down but it still remains an order of magnitude more than the dinghy boys.

Scrumpy

The Tories must take much of the blame.. After all they have been in power for some while..
 They can't keep blaming Labour for the mistakes they made when they were in power..
I suggest they get their act together..

Alex

I think we just have to wait a while to see how things go, she's been in the job less than a month and 10 days of that was taken over by the Queen's death and funeral.

Her stance on immigration is worrying though.  Suella hasn't said a dicky bird either since she got the poisoned chalice job.