Measles

Started by Diasi, April 08, 2024, 08:21:37 AM

« previous - next »

Diasi

It's been known for some time that measles cases are on the rise due to a low uptake in the measles vaccine & it was mentioned again today by some Labour Shadow Minister.

I'll lay odds of 100 to 1 that it's the non-ethnic areas of the UK where it's happening.

Just as where TB started to reappear. 
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

The autism scare which was apparently bad science didn't help but I doubt those areas even heard of that. 

In the third world outside of our own ghettos of that here there is general distrust of vaccines - they believe that they are intended to do more than the label claims I think so your guess could easily be correct.

JBR

Quote from: Diasi on April 08, 2024, 08:21:37 AMIt's been known for some time that measles cases are on the rise due to a low uptake in the measles vaccine & it was mentioned again today by some Labour Shadow Minister.

I'll lay odds of 100 to 1 that it's the non-ethnic areas of the UK where it's happening.

Just as where TB started to reappear.
I thought the TB scare was before we inherited all the non-whites.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

They were on the way to eradicating TB when I was a child and the world here was predominantly white - just one black face in my 1,000 place grammar school photo. I recall you got something spread on your arm and a multipronged thing broke the skin. If you reacted to that it meant you had been in conatct with TB and didn't need the jab which left a big round scar I'm guessing many here will have. I don't as I didn't need the jab so I'd been in contact with somebody who had TB.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on April 08, 2024, 10:35:47 AMThey were on the way to eradicating TB when I was a child and the world here was predominantly white - just one black face in my 1,000 place grammar school photo. I recall you got something spread on your arm and a multipronged thing broke the skin. If you reacted to that it meant you had been in conatct with TB and didn't need the jab which left a big round scar I'm guessing many here will have. I don't as I didn't need the jab so I'd been in contact with somebody who had TB.
Coincidentally, there were no black faces when I started at my grammar school, though one appeared during my time there.  Then, a little later, a really nice Indian lad who I asked to tell me some words in Indian, including some rude words... like young lads tend to do.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire