Envy.!!!!

Started by Scrumpy, April 08, 2022, 08:50:20 AM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

So, Akshata Murthy , wife of Rishi Sunak has millions.. !!!
So what.. !!   She pays taxes on what she earns in this country.. She is doing no wrong..
There are some that are digging the dirt..
Let he who is without sin... and all that..!!
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

GrannyMac

As long as its legal, I really don't care.  What someone else has makes little difference to me.

'Comparison is the thief of joy'.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

Sunak and his wife benefit from her 'Non Dom' status, she could have chosen to pay taxes here as she lives here, but she chose to be a nom dom and avoid tax on her offshore income, at least that's the way I read it.   It might be legal, but it doesn't mean it's right  :cool:
One question though, how is she allowed to declare permanent residency in India while living here ? :hmm: :hmm:

klondike

while living here
In Number 11 Downing Street  :grin:

Alex

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on April 08, 2022, 08:50:20 AM

So, Akshata Murthy , wife of Rishi Sunak has millions.. !!!
So what.. !!   She pays taxes on what she earns in this country.. She is doing no wrong..
There are some that are digging the dirt..
Let he who is without sin... and all that..!!

It's nothing to do with envy, it's about the Chancellor, the man who sets the tax rules, having a wife who's into tax avoidance via her disingenuous residency status.

If he wasn't in the Government no one would bother.

As a member of the Conservative Party I can tell you, from the rumblings I've heard, that it's on the cards that Sunak's days are numbered unless his wife surrenders her non-dom status.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Ahhh!!
I have changed my mind.. It's now Greed instead of Envy..
I suppose having a husband who knows how to (work) the books helps..!
Bloody Conservatives..  :grin: :grin: :nooo:

zoony

Jacqueline

Quote from: Diasi on April 08, 2022, 10:55:25 AM
It's nothing to do with envy, it's about the Chancellor, the man who sets the tax rules, having a wife who's into tax avoidance via her disingenuous residency status.

If he wasn't in the Government no one would bother.

As a member of the Conservative Party I can tell you, from the rumblings I've heard, that it's on the cards that Sunak's days are numbered unless his wife surrenders her non-dom status.

I hope so, if it was Joe Bloggs would be one thing, but as you say this man is the British Chancellor, anyone in public office should set a squeeky clean example or else all credibility goes out of the window. Her non dom status may be legal but it's not morally right, how can you live in the UK and be non dom? it stinks.

klondike

Yep. Needs to be beyond reproach with respect to the letter and spirit of the law. Just like Boris  :rolleyes:

Diasi

Quote from: Jacqueline on April 08, 2022, 03:52:36 PM

I hope so, if it was Joe Bloggs would be one thing, but as you say this man is the British Chancellor, anyone in public office should set a squeeky clean example or else all credibility goes out of the window. Her non dom status may be legal but it's not morally right, how can you live in the UK and be non dom? it stinks.
Under the non-dom rules the default position of Sunak's wife is that she pays UK income tax on all her earnings from all sources.

However, the non-dom rules allow her to apply not to pay UK income tax on her earnings in the country which she declares as her main country of residence.

Therefore she had to apply, actively, & in full knowledge, to avoid paying UK income tax on her Indian earnings.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

I think she has now back tracked on what tax she pays..

Alex

Yes, she doesn't want to ruin hubby's chance of the Number 10 job ! 

Scrumpy

I doubt he will get Number 10 job.. Only a fool gets that post..

klondike

Certainly the case for many many years...