Inflation Figures.

Started by Diasi, October 19, 2022, 12:13:22 PM

« previous - next »

Diasi

The September inflation figure seems to be 10.1%, however, the staple food items are increasing by much higher percentages ranging from 20% to 43% & this is what has the main impact on the day-to-day cost of living. 
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Raven

I was £45 in Tesco this morning, £42 with my Tesco Card Savings. I only had a dozen things. Looking back at last years prices this little lot would have been around the £20 mark.
Bloody Putin and his war. :nooo: It's his fault. :angry:

Alex

This is interesting comparing prices of Aldi goods here, and in Germany.
For example 125g of fresh raspberries here costs £1.39 or £11.12 a kilo.
In Aldi northern Germany 125g costs € 1.69 (£1.47) or € 13.52 a kilo.

Maasdamm Cheese 400g is £2.99 (£7.48 a kilo)
Germany the same Maasdammer cheese is € 1.79 (£1.56) for 200g or €8.95 a kilo.  Nearly all the food items I looked at were more expensive in Aldi Germany.

https://www.aldi-nord.de/
https://www.aldi.co.uk/

klondike

I don't know if it is still the same now but certainly in the past Germans had much higher disposable incomes than we did.

Alex

They paid more into pensions too, which is why theirs are higher than ours.

Cassandra

Quote from: Raven on October 19, 2022, 12:42:34 PMI was £45 in Tesco this morning, £42 with my Tesco Card Savings. I only had a dozen things. Looking back at last years prices this little lot would have been around the £20 mark.
Bloody Putin and his war. :nooo: It's his fault. :angry:

I think its more to do with America printing money uncontrollably since 2008. Last year they 'printed' 59% of their economy. We have followed suit and then just to add to it 'shut' the Economy down for two years. Now their are too few goods being chased by an ever increasing pile of money. Then theres the puerility of nett zero, about two days of Gas stored because of the damn windmill saga. How depressing, this wall of failures is to behold!

My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Michael Rolls

when I think about the mess we are seeing politicians making of everything that they touch, it becomes easier to understand how Hitler came to power  - the Weimar must have felt like a worsened version of our situation to the average German.
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on October 20, 2022, 03:27:19 AMwhen I think about the mess we are seeing politicians making of everything that they touch, it becomes easier to understand how Hitler came to power  - the Weimar must have felt like a worsened version of our situation to the average German.
The German Joe Public enjoyed the best standard of living under Hitler, both before the WW2 & during the first half of WW2.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

certainly a lot better than the dying days of Weimar
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: Michael Rolls on October 20, 2022, 10:00:08 AMcertainly a lot better than the dying days of Weimar
Indeed, but we were both talking about how easy it was for Hitler to come to power & stay in power when the average German's standard of living went through the roof.
[email protected]