american presidents,

Started by alfred, January 07, 2022, 08:22:44 AM

« previous - next »

alfred

it seems that of all the American presidents that the current one Biden is past it, luckily enough thanks to the American congress where luckily enough Biden couldn't go to war particularly in his present state of mind ,

so i wonder why these presidents don't have a cap , the president male or female they shouldn't be over sixty years of age , as we've seen on the news just how this man with the best will in the world forgets at times what he's talking about ,

and his aides have to correct him and steer him onto the subject which he had earlier forgotten as his mind seems to wander ,off track on the odd occassion , ...a worrying trend

for  a man who has this authority and as a statesman i wonder what the American manor woman  in the street must think , ....is this man fit to rule ??  shouldn't he be  really be retired , and living a life as  say a pensioner,
instead surely he is past it.

Q; so do you think joe Biden is really and truly past it as it seems at times he's not sure what he is saying ,  its a worrying trend but are we safe in his hands, ?? since America is a world super power ,. and we are affected by what ever decisions he makes good or bad, ??

Sheila

Who would want the job? 

I know many people moan about our p.m. but imo he is best of a very bad bunch and I don't envy him the stress of it.

klondike

Quote from: Sheila on January 07, 2022, 08:43:23 AM
Who would want the job? 
Judging by the money poured into US Presidential elections I'd say plenty would and indeed do. I can't see them having to ask Sleepy Joe to hang on in there because they can't find any candidates.

The surprising thing to me is that they haven't put him out to grass citing health issues (dementia looks a possible to me). I'm assuming they think they can control the vice president but maybe not so Sleepy slumbers on.

Scrumpy

Many a good tune played on an old fiddle.. !!
Kennedy was a young guy.. Did that make him a better President !  Who knows.!!
They don't run their country .. Everything has to be agreed by congress..
Boris doesn't run our country.. things have to be put through parliament..

One thing they do have in common though .. Making BIG MONEY for themselves..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

Biden is not fit to be president of the US imo, there's definitely some kind of cognitive impairment.  After the chaos that was the Afghanistan withdrawal, a White House doctor, who served under Obama and Trump came out and said as much.   If you've ever watched any of his speeches, it's obvious that something is wrong, poor man.

klondike

Alex

Yes of course poor America, but imagine coping with those problems in the public eye, that's what I meant by poor man.  He just shouldn't be doing that job, why does his wife let him ?

klondike

Cassandra

Quote from: alfred on January 07, 2022, 08:22:44 AM
Q; so do you think joe Biden is really and truly past it as it seems at times he's not sure what he is saying ,  its a worrying trend but are we safe in his hands, ?? since America is a world super power ,. and we are affected by what ever decisions he makes good or bad, ??

Over here ie is pejoratively referenced as 'Joe Spazza', or just 'Spasticated'. If it weren't a tragedy, I'd have sympathy with him.

The sheer physical demands must be exhausting for anyone let alone a man in his 80th year. However as with most of them Ego is the driver, that and a ruthless party hell bent on defying Trump.

In my late profession you had to retire at 70 in the UK - (raised to 75 in March 2021). In the US the different States have 'advisory' rules ranging from 70, to 90.

I really doubt Biden's faculties credence I have to say. There's something about his eyes, a bit stary and vacant nowadays somehow and his take up to questions and remembering names and places seems laboured. Like a lot of us this can be spasmodic from day to day. He really should know and stand down I feel.

Take a lesson from Sir Stirling Moss who said: "I just knew one morning my driving days were over". "I took my little Austin seven to Mortlake and back to say goodbye and that was that".

But he was not a Politician and apart from being a lovely man, was also a realist. Something Biden certainly isn't from what I see and hear?
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

1955vintage

My father stopped driving the same way, with a little help from my mother. He was proud to say he was now drove like Stirling Moss!
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

ME

I used to admire Stirling very much as a youngster. Him and MIke Hawthorn. I remember hearing about the dreadful incident in the Le Mans race - we only had radio then - and the effect it had upon him and his contemporaries.

GrannyMac

Quote from: Sheila on January 07, 2022, 08:43:23 AM
Who would want the job? 

I know many people moan about our p.m. but imo he is best of a very bad bunch and I don't envy him the stress of it.

I agree.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Michael Rolls

I do wonder just how much his serious bout of Covid took out of him. Maybe I am imagining it, but he doesn't seem to be the same since
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Sheila

Quote from: Michael Rolls on January 10, 2022, 07:14:06 AM
I do wonder just how much his serious bout of Covid took out of him. Maybe I am imagining it, but he doesn't seem to same since
Mike

Someone we know, who is in his early sixties, ended up in hospital for ten days with Covid.  He continued to be ill when he came home and his GP kept giving him AB until he was so ill he went to A&E.  They admitted him and drained litres of fluid from his lungs over the next few days, eventually 'zapping' his heart to get the proper rhythm back.  If I were him, I would change my GP.

Brian45

Dopey Joe seems tae reflect his country, he used tae be young fit and vibrant, bit no noo
its aw aboot lining their pals pockets, heeds doon bums up get yer fill while theres stuff in the trough,
Regan was similar bit he remembered his lines a wee bit better..
ah nearly went fer a brisk walk this mornin, bit then i wakened up, its like sex, its no the same on yer own....he he he..oops ah fergot aboot the wee yella things.. :moon: :yell: :moon:
I know the voices aren't real but man do they come up with good ideas