80th Birthday.

Started by Diasi, March 20, 2024, 06:06:49 PM

« previous - next »

JBR

I look forward to my 80th birthday, which I hope I may actually see.

Sadly, my dad died at 79, just a couple of months before he'd have reached 80.
My mum died even younger in her 60s - cancer.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Diasi

I won't be 80 until later this year, I was just interested if anyone else felt the same about it as I do.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: GrannyMac on March 21, 2024, 07:19:40 AMI felt old when my daughter hit 50!  😂
Well it's a double whammy for me as my younger daughter is 50 this year.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Alex

Does anyone find themselves commenting about "old folk" as if we're not included ?  :grin:  :grin:

GrannyMac

Of course!  I dislike the term 'elderly', I'll settle for older, thank you!

March 23, 2024, 07:24:30 AM
Quote from: Diasi on March 22, 2024, 03:41:40 PMWell it's a double whammy for me as my younger daughter is 50 this year.
You've had time to get used to it then! 😁. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

Quote from: Alex on March 22, 2024, 10:43:08 PMDoes anyone find themselves commenting about "old folk" as if we're not included ?  :grin:  :grin:
Absolutely... We never see ourselves as others see us..

Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on March 23, 2024, 07:58:53 AMAbsolutely... We never see ourselves as others see us..

I did the new woke Ageist survey & failed when I described myself as old. Lol  :grin:

March 23, 2024, 08:34:44 AM
Quote from: Scrumpy on March 23, 2024, 07:58:53 AMAbsolutely... We never see ourselves as others see us..

Why do you think mirrors were invented?  :grin:
[email protected]

klondike

Quote from: Diasi on March 23, 2024, 08:33:55 AMWhy do you think mirrors were invented?  :grin:
Best not to wear any glasses when looking into them. Never ever use a magnifying mirror.

March 23, 2024, 09:08:28 AM
Quote from: Alex on March 22, 2024, 10:43:08 PMDoes anyone find themselves commenting about "old folk" as if we're not included ?  :grin:  :grin:
I sometimes look at somebody in the shops and think poor old sod. They are probably looking at me thinking the same thing.

ansu

You become aware that you are old when someone is offering you his/her seat in the bus or train or asks you whether he can help you.  However my neighbour always said, they are following us all.

Scrumpy

A male assistant said  to me ' Good morning young lady'.
 That comment made me feel really old.

Diasi

I still get the "you're not!!" exclamation when people find out I'm 79 so maybe I should stop telling them.

I like it best when I'm in the car & a much younger driver pulls up to an inch behind me at the lights.

They probably see the grey hair & think "I hope this old duffer gets through the lights before they go red again", only to be presented with a start that would give Hamilton a run for his money when I get the green. 

The same applies on our country roads with tight bends.
[email protected]

Silver Tabby

If I thought being 80 meant compulsory crimpolene or, indeed, any sort of trousers - I'd shoot myself!

Scrumpy

I wear culottes ...skirts or a frock.. 
Baggy sweatpants indoors.. I have been known to pop to the shop in them.. I am tough.. I don't care.. :nooo:

Raven

I don't own a skirt these days, it's jeans, jeggings, and dress trousers for me. :embarrassed:

GrannyMac

I've just got back into my jeans! My weight-loss journey is going well. I do have dresses, and a couple of skirts too.  I like yoga pants indoors, so comfy! 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖