Turkey & Syria

Started by Alex, February 07, 2023, 01:52:16 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Thousands have been killed in the earthquake as you've probably seen.  At usual UK is the first to offer support !
Send search & rescue yes, but not money as that's all gone to Ukraine   I just hope Sunak doesn't offer refuge in UK to the thousands made homeless this week.  If I sound heartless then tough. :evil:

Cassandra

Quote from: Alex on February 07, 2023, 01:52:16 PMThousands have been killed in the earthquake as you've probably seen.  At usual UK is the first to offer suppirt !
Send search & rescue yes, but not money as that's all gone to Ukraine   I just hope Sunak doesn't offer refuge in UK to the thousands made homeless this week.  If I sound heartless then tough. :evil:

No chance, his father in law (Infosys) is allegedly brokering a 'trade-deal' with the Indians at present. Consequently there has been a sudden surge of 'Indian refugees' (joke) landing in the Dinghies on the shores of Kent - all of whom will 'magically' get eternal visas and then of course full citizenship.

Consequently the No 10 snake charmer will be un-keen to allow interlopers to ruin the master plan.

Yo, ho, ho - Whoever said Honour and honesty was a goner in the Tory Party?
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Alex

I read thousands of Indians are turning up on the beaches because as "refugees" they get free education, including university places but I don't know if that was again, just gossip. 

Alex

Quote from: Alex on February 07, 2023, 01:52:16 PMThousands have been killed in the earthquake as you've probably seen.  At usual UK is the first to offer support !

I feel awful now, I've just seen a clip of a young child being pulled from wreckage.  It's just tragic.

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on February 07, 2023, 01:52:16 PMThousands have been killed in the earthquake as you've probably seen.  At usual UK is the first to offer support !
Send search & rescue yes, but not money as that's all gone to Ukraine  I just hope Sunak doesn't offer refuge in UK to the thousands made homeless this week.  If I sound heartless then tough. :evil:

I don't think we should send any help, our emergency services can't even look after us ethnic Brits adequately.

If any help goes it should be volunteers who are self-funding.

Plenty of children will have been killed but that's what happens in earthquakes, sadly, so far as I'm concerned, a lot of animals will have died as well.

I won't be donating to any appeals by the DEC, I never do as I don't give a toss about the adults & children, but I will contribute to appeals from the animal charities.

February 07, 2023, 10:28:49 PM
Quote from: Cassandra on February 07, 2023, 02:26:12 PMNo chance, his father in law (Infosys) is allegedly brokering a 'trade-deal' with the Indians at present. Consequently there has been a sudden surge of 'Indian refugees' (joke) landing in the Dinghies on the shores of Kent - all of whom will 'magically' get eternal visas and then of course full citizenship.

Consequently the No 10 snake charmer will be un-keen to allow interlopers to ruin the master plan.

Yo, ho, ho - Whoever said Honour and honesty was a goner in the Tory Party?
I imagine his father-in-law arranged for enough well-padded brown envelopes to reach Westminster to enable the overthrow of the Tory membership's choice of PM.

And Liz Truss is spot on when she said her policies were deliberately kyboshed before they'd been given a fair chance to work.

I resigned, by phone, my membership of the Conservative Party immediately I was informed that Sunak had been shoehorned in as PM.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Just wondering if we are allowed to say "brown envelopes" these days....

Scrumpy

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

It is all very sad.. But so is the pain that my daughter has been struggling with for eleven years.. Her case documents have be 'Lost' in the system and she is now trying to get treatment..
No, I do not think we should be sending money to another country when our country is not looking to their own problems..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Cassandra

Quote from: Scrumpy on February 08, 2023, 08:45:49 AM:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

It is all very sad.. But so is the pain that my daughter has been struggling with for eleven years.. Her case documents have be 'Lost' in the system and she is now trying to get treatment..
No, I do not think we should be sending money to another country when our country is not looking to their own problems..

The only leader in the world shorter than Sunak, complete with pathetic T Shirt went to the UK today, as the woke TV channels (99% of the total over here) are showing. So everyone could suck up to him (including the King whose quite accomplished in that art of course).  Zelenskyy now has 8 of the UK's 148 Tanks, some of which date back to 1917 no doubt and will probably malfunction quite quickly in the cold out there?

Meanwhile green 'Y' front backwards, electric car owning, Guardian reading, Waitrose Camel Valley Sparkling Rose swilling Liberals parading as Tories, seemingly tolerate our tanks continuing to use Diesel fuel, how hypocritical, where are the batteries? Not good for the UK's Thunberg themed image at all.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

Scrumpy

The Ukraine is certainly suffering.. The war will cost us millions.. And because of it we too are suffering.. Are we flogging a dead horse.. !!
I don't think Russia will worry about our old weapon machinery that we have offered..  I wouldn't like to see our military caught up in this stupid war..
I don't know the answer.. 

Zelensky has the west firmly in his hands.. 'Ask and you will receive'.. 

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on February 09, 2023, 08:15:21 AMThe Ukraine is certainly suffering.. The war will cost us millions.. And because of it we too are suffering.. Are we flogging a dead horse.. !!
I don't think Russia will worry about our old weapon machinery that we have offered..  I wouldn't like to see our military caught up in this stupid war..
I don't know the answer..

Zelensky has the west firmly in his hands.. 'Ask and you will receive'..
Right, let me clear up the misinformation about British tanks.

The British Amy tanks are the Challenger 2 which were developed in 1994 & have been updated as & when new technologies have emerged.

The Challenger 2 still holds the record for distance destruction of enemy tanks, i.e. a Challenger 2 can destroy a rival tank before that one can get near enough to fire at the Challenger 2.

It's the Russian conventional weaponry that is mainly old & outdated.

Ukraine is only a taster, Putin's aim is to restore the old Russian Empire landmass to what it was 200 years ago & would involve taking over all the Balkan countries, plus probably Sweden, Finland & Norway.

Having said that, why should we bother about it as we're not connected to mainland Europe.

Anyway, back to the Turkey / Syria earthquake, I had a begging email from the DEC, which I marked as spam & ignored, but I have chucked a few quid into the IFAW appeal for animals in the affected areas.

Although, at the start, it was interesting to see how quickly a building can collapse, I'm now fed up with it being on the news every day.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Just now on the news.. 
A mother holding a photo of her son.. he looked to be around 25 years old.. She was pointing/ standing near buildings that had collapsed... She was asked by an English speaking reporter.  ' Is your son in there' ?
' Yes' she replied.. 'He is in there'..

I can't imagine how I would feel if my son was buried/trapped under rubble and all I could do was stand there..
And the father holding a hand that was showing in the rubble.. His 15 year old daughter.. I think she was already dead..
 Heartbreaking..