Good Morning, Whatcha Up To The Day?

Started by Raven, December 15, 2021, 12:33:18 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

The useless sods who ignored my blood tests for 5 years just posted me a leaflet with a link to an NHS website when they decided I might be borderline diabetic on the last but one annual review. Not sure if hearing nothing from the last one means I'm clear or they didn't bother to check. I've moved doctors now. Not that I expect the new lot will be much cop either.

Scrumpy

Quote from: Alex on February 07, 2023, 07:44:45 PMHave you got type 2 Diabetes then Scrumpy, or have they told you you're border line ?

Alex... I am border line.. As are many others.. 

February 08, 2023, 08:34:57 AM

Because I am borderline they are hoping I can control it with diet and weight..
Most of my mates have been told the same thing..
However, my doctor has me down for a yearly check-up.. which includes eye tests..

Just had a fried egg on fried bread..  My treat..  :yahoo:
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Raven

I have the borderline as well, have done for years. I don't find it hard to manage. :cool:
I've been here on my own since early last evening, I insisted Regan go home and spend some time with her own family. She will be here around 3pm today after her weekly Fibro Group. It's a bit scary on my own as I have to to everything for myself and some things I find hard but I'm getting there very slowly. David is popping in on his way to work shortly so he can take Dageus out for a walk, going to be a good few weeks before I can do it, not even to try and get into the car for another month.
Weather's cold n wet, it's supposed to start blowing a hooley shortly...Sigh. I hate the wind.

klondike

I'd be very very wary of dog walking no matter how well behaved.

Raven

I am very wary of everything that has to be done outside. When I do finally get back to walking Dageus it will be the park only, plenty of seats there, all on the flat so I should be ok after I conker the first time....... AND, that IS scaring me.

Scrumpy

Don't be scared sweetheart.. You are made of tougher things..
Tiny steps.. Congratulate yourself when you reach the first bench.. 
Dageus will adapt to your steps.. 

GrannyMac

Well done Raven, independence will be worth the wait!

I've been to the pool for an aqua aerobics session, I need to keep exercising, I've (at last) had a diagnosis of severe arthritis of the knee. Painkillers and exercise, but a knee replacement is probably on the cards. At least I know now 😥.  Losing some weight might help me too   :boo:
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Michael Rolls

keep up the good work, Raven - you are getting there!
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

Thanks Guys, Yes I'm pleased I managed ok, even washed my hair over the sink by myself. Regan is talking about taking me off for a run in her car on Sunday, and maybe stopping someplace for a latte, that will be a big hurdle to get over as I haven't been outside since I came home from hospital.
Tucked up in bed now with an audio book.
GM, the hosital is great at telling you to lose weight for an operation, my pal had a knee operation and was nagged about her weight till she was ready to scream.

Alex

I've been to the dentist today, geez I hate it but I know I have to go.  The dentist says I have something on my gum that looks 'odd' so I had photos taken and I'm being referred to the local hospital, wonder how long I'll have to wait ?  :rolleyes:

Raven

Hmmm, That could be something and nothing. Are you in any pain? Was it just a 6 monthly check? Or were you needing to see your dentist?

Scrumpy

It's probably a late developing WISDOM tooth ..  :wink:

Sheila

Well I've had a good morning.  Seven of us who used to work together met up for coffee at the local church hall and had a good laugh.  I think it might be one of the places where people can go to keep warm as the tea was free.  There were lots of beautifully knitted baby clothes for sale in aid of a local hospice.

We met friends at the pub for a meal yesterday evening and I am meeting a friend for lunch next week.

I feel that things are getting back to normal after covid.

klondike

Next door neighbour has just had it. He said he must have caught it at the local hospital where he was messed about for 7 hours getting some tests done. I saw him a few days ago soon after he caught it and he said he felt real rough but it didn't last long as he was fine just now. It's just part of the winter ills now I think. Probably less severe than flu.

GrannyMac

I met my friend this morning for coffee and scones Sheila. The tearoom was busy, things are very much back to normal here.  Then I had my nails done. Washing on the line almost dry, a good day so far for me too.  Plus the latest painkillers seem to work!  :yay:
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖