Good Morning, Whatcha Up To The Day?

Started by Raven, December 15, 2021, 12:33:18 PM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

flying into Cork in a very strong headwind. Came over the numbers about 10 feet up. Covered a third of the runway STILL 10 feet up. You could feel the pilot grit her teeth and slam the 737 down on the runway in a 'have we landed or were we shot down' type of arrival!
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Raven

Evening, Very windy here with showers. Had a rough day, lots of pain, more than usual. Makes me feel really miserable, only 7pm but I'm all tucked up in bed with an audio book. Not sure if I'll listen or try to sleep.
Anyway had more than enough of today and it's pain. So I'll say goodnight. :zzz:  :cry:

GrannyMac

Hope you're sleeping soundly Raven. I got a diagnosis at last about my knee. They said it's severely arthritic, x-ray confirmed. Took since last June to get an x-ray, but at least I know now.  Might need a replacement, but that's in the future.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

klondike

Not satisfied with bothering me with a string of queries to enable them to close off an old account then sending me a cheque for £0.01 the annoying Aviva have now told me that to meet money laundering regulations they need my date of birth.

I have decided not to risk increased funds changing my life my paying in the cheque or being raided by the fraud squad I have returned both their cheque and latest enquiry. Any more will just go in the bin.

Scrumpy

:grin: :grin: :grin:
  Now wait for the letter from the courts.. For using an abusive word..  Buttocks
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

No swearing though, very well put Klondy  :upvote:

klondike

Sadly not original though. Heard on TV many moons ago. I knew there would be no money involved as I've had too many of these in the past. They just annoyed me with the number of letters when it could all have been done in one go and others offered the option to donate the coppers to charity. 

I haven't actually posted it yet. I'll give them a few weeks to see if they send any more. I used both prepaid envelopes for the last two they sent together one of with they already had the info on - my mother's d.o.b. as they had already had her death certificate and they carry that info.

Scrumpy

Beautiful, beautiful sunshine.. The crocus are showing..  
 Birthday party later.. Lots of cake.   :clap: :yahoo:

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Sheila

Enjoy yourself Scrumpy.

The sun is shining here too and I am even thinking about putting some washing out.  Our big daft cat has just 'helped' Paul to change the bed.  In the end Paul didn't know where he was up to when he was trying to get the new king size quilt cover on.

Alex

Quote from: Scrumpy on February 05, 2023, 08:59:50 AMBeautiful, beautiful sunshine.. The crocus are showing.. 
 Birthday party later.. Lots of cake.   :clap: :yahoo:

Have a good time Scrumps  :upvote:

I'm going round to my son's house to watch the latest episode of Happy Valley (while the little 'un has his nap)  then taking him out to try his new bike.  This is the first good day we've had for ages and I was able to sit in the garden having my cuppa earlier.  A bit of sunshine certainly lifts the spirits, have a good day y'all.

morty

Quote from: klondike on February 04, 2023, 06:46:11 PMSadly not original though. Heard on TV many moons ago. I knew there would be no money involved as I've had too many of these in the past. They just annoyed me with the number of letters when it could all have been done in one go and others offered the option to donate the coppers to charity.

I haven't actually posted it yet. I'll give them a few weeks to see if they send any more. I used both prepaid envelopes for the last two they sent together one of with they already had the info on - my mother's d.o.b. as they had already had her death certificate and they carry that info.

I was about to ask ... you didn't really write that on the letter ( about buttocks) and then post it to them did you  :rofl: 
I see now  you've held off .... in the midst of a saner moment.

I shouldn't laugh. I'm not really .. they can be infuriating can't they. I had trouble with Barclays last year over an active business account that has been used, and still is, since 1988 and all of a sudden they insist on proof and photo ID to prove we are genuine. I mean .. I really really look like a Russian oligarch trying to launder the odd hundred quid here and there.

klondike

Oh they will certainly be getting it. I'm just waiting to see if they chase up their enquiry first.

Things you never knew and possibly wish you had never learned...

It was annoying me that I couldn't recall where I had heard the rough on the buttocks remark so I tried Google. No luck. I'm wondering if it may have been my father who had quite a way with words. Anyway in the search I came across the term single use toilet tissue which I thought was odd so searched for reusable and to my astonishment found it is sold. I haven't ordered any.

Scrumpy

Today I had an eye examination.. Diabetes..
I am not on any medication for diabetes.. They are giving me a yearly checkup.. I thought I would be in the clinic for ages.. 
No.. they put some drops in my eyes.. A short while after I had tests carried out.. 
We arrived home exactly one hour after we had set off from my home...  :clap: :yahoo: 

Alex

Have you got type 2 Diabetes then Scrumpy, or have they told you you're border line ?