Heading off.

Started by Raven, Today at 09:53:38 AM

« previous - next »

Raven

Just to say I'm driving down to Perth with Dageus , not too sure how long for. No internet at my house.

Silver Tabby

Have a good time - give Dageus a big cuddle!

klondike

Have a good break. You need a phone that can provide internet access. I'd feel cut off without any.

JBR

Quote from: Raven on Today at 09:53:38 AMJust to say I'm driving down to Perth with Dageus , not too sure how long for. No internet at my house.
What is the problem with your lack of internet connection?
Is it a particular supplier?  If so, I'd advise you to look for an alternative.  I have done that in the past.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Alex

Safe journey Raven, take it easy.  :upvote:
Hugs for Dageus x

dextrous63

Hope you have a nice time Raven.  There's a nice swimming pool in Perth (well, there used to be one in 1995 when I took some school children there).

GrannyMac

Enjoy the change, and the peace.  Be kind to yourself .
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

Enjoy your time away.. Drive safely..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Diasi

Stay safe Raven, it's not easy having to adjust to not being able to do what you could once do but I hope you find a way to accept it.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Quote from: JBR on Today at 11:07:51 AMWhat is the problem with your lack of internet connection?
Is it a particular supplier?  If so, I'd advise you to look for an alternative.  I have done that in the past.
As Raven is probably not seeing this I'll take a guess - that house is mostly unoccupied so it probably isn't worth paying for a connection. I wouldn't but I'd have a phone with a modest data allowance that could be used as a hotspot. Zero internet for me would put a big hole in my entertainment. 

JBR

Quote from: klondike on Today at 07:13:55 PMAs Raven is probably not seeing this I'll take a guess - that house is mostly unoccupied so it probably isn't worth paying for a connection. I wouldn't but I'd have a phone with a modest data allowance that could be used as a hotspot. Zero internet for me would put a big hole in my entertainment.
Ah!  Thank you Klon.
Clearly, I misunderstood.  I mistakenly thought that she had internet but that it had gone off for some reason.
Yes, that makes perfect sense, as does your suggestion of internet via a mobile phone.
I agree, as well, that the internet is not something I could do without.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

Raven clearly can. She often says she's taking a break from it. I don't watch TV apart from streamed catchup and that's mostly just Farage so I'd be newsless without it (and probably a lot happier given the content).