Scotland's Hate Speech Act

Started by Alex, April 01, 2024, 07:43:17 PM

« previous - next »

JBR

Quote from: GrannyMac on April 11, 2024, 06:30:36 AMScotland has always been more left wing than much of England.  The SNP mainly took votes from Labour.  Although we will both vote for reform, I've resigned myself to an incoming Labour government.

With regard to hate crimes, I know it's rarer now, but being English 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 in Scotland hasn't always been popular.  I wonder how seriously the police will take anti English rhetoric aimed at individuals?
The one good thing about Labour getting into government is that they'll create even more of a mess than the Tories did.  After another four years, or possibly even less, there will be another election.
Hopefully, the ruin caused by each of the 'two main parties' will be fresh in people's minds, and they might then vote Reform en masse.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

There are a lot of people who regard Reform with disdain. There are also still plenty who either haven't heard of the party or have no idea what its policies may be. Politics is still tribal. I now regard all three main parties with disdain. If there were no Reform I fear I would likley no longer vote. I think there are plenty like me but they probably won't vote Reform either.

I sit to the right of centre in politics and used to vote Conservative. I don't think my views have shifted far but the Conservative party certainly has. I see little difference between them and the Blair version of Labour. I did once vote Liberal post the Heath fiasco as a protest vote. After the recent disgusting anti-democratic LibDem stance on Brexit there is zero chance of that ever being repeated.

Deep Joy...

Alex

I see Labour is ahead of SNP In the polls, first time since the referendum.  How were the canny Scots duped for so long ?

Vlad

Won't there be a policing problem at Celtic v Rangers football games I mean how do you arrest thousands of people questioning the parentage and sexual identity of the opposing team fans?
"I am in awe of myself. I never know what I will write next."

Alex

GrannyMac

Quote from: Alex on April 11, 2024, 01:17:58 PMI see Labour is ahead of SNP In the polls, first time since the referendum.  How were the canny Scots duped for so long ?
I think there were some who didn't care about any policies, but just loved the name 'Scottish National Party' because it excluded the English.  😮
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Cassandra

Quote from: klondike on April 11, 2024, 11:22:03 AMThere are a lot of people who regard Reform with disdain. There are also still plenty who either haven't heard of the party or have no idea what its policies may be. Politics is still tribal. I now regard all three main parties with disdain. If there were no Reform I fear I would likley no longer vote. I think there are plenty like me but they probably won't vote Reform either.

I sit to the right of centre in politics and used to vote Conservative. I don't think my views have shifted far but the Conservative party certainly has. I see little difference between them and the Blair version of Labour. I did once vote Liberal post the Heath fiasco as a protest vote. After the recent disgusting anti-democratic LibDem stance on Brexit there is zero chance of that ever being repeated.

Deep Joy...

What a success she was ... "Bollocks to Brexit" (her idea). Lib-Dems have though 'swamped' the Conservative 'Parliamentary Party" with the 'One Nation' bedwetters now running things. They'd hoped with a sort of middle/left wokist stance to dominate the 'Global'viewpoint. The Election will see if they were right?

My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

klondike

Quote from: Cassandra on April 11, 2024, 02:17:03 PMThe Election will see if they were right?
Won't it just. They really should learn that trying to appeal to a section of the electorate that despises them will just alienate those that were voting for them. I hope they crash and burn badly enough to push the globalist wokistas away and then the grass roots may be able to bring forward some candidates that won't be hated by all as the bulk of the current lot certainly appear to be.