granddads and grandmothers,

Started by alfred, February 14, 2022, 04:09:11 PM

« previous - next »

alfred

As a child all those years ago i was unlucky as my grandfather and mother had passed over before i was five years old, and so i wasn't able to ask them questions to many things that i  was  interested in,

how ever it seems that then and i hope much like now, grand children still like to talk and listen to their peers and listen to stories from the past, as they ask questions which they are interested in.

Q; are you lucky enough to have grand children , and do they like to listen to you , either to ask advice or simply to join you in conversation as they want to learn about some thing or other,

if so will you share your stories with us,

-Oy-

Our first Grandchild arrived 10 1/2 months ago and changed our world. Early days yet but I'm loving being a Grandad :)

A friend of mine hit the nail on the head when he said "Grandchildren fill a hole in your heart that you didn't know you had."
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

Alex

I became a grandmother for the first time two years ago and it has changed my life.   Bright as a button and obsessed with numbers and counting.   :grin:

Raven

I used to see my 2 all the time when both my daughter and myself lived in Perth. We saw each other most days and of course the grands when they were not at school or playing with their pals.
These days there's almost 300 miles between us since we both left Perth, them for Dundee and myself up North. But I do spend time with them when I return to Perth to stay at my place for a while. Both myself and my daughter had our kids young and my 2 are all grown up these days.

Michael Rolls

sadly, thanks to covid, haven't seen our granddaughter since June 2019. She is now 11 years and 3 months - miss them very much - phone calls aren't the same
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

GrannyMac

No they're not Mike. We have three, all still at school.  They don't live nearby, although not as far away as yours Mike. We see the littlest one most, but like Raven, not as much as when we all lived in the same place.  We last saw the older two at Christmas, the youngest is coming tomorrow for a couple of nights. 

We had our children when we were early twenties, but they were older before the grandchildren came along. 
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖