One of Those Days

Started by Alex, Yesterday at 05:26:24 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

The plug in my bathroom sink hasn't been popping up as it should, taking 6 or 7 presses to get it moving.  Filled with the success of 'fixing' my telly I decided to visit You Tube to see if I could sort out the problem.
There are a few clips on there, but I wasn't able to get the plug out completely as they showed you on YT.
SO, I took my trusty WD40 upstairs and sprayed in the gap, it moved ok but a white seal came loose from the plug.  I took it off, washed it and put it back on.  Thinking my WD 40 would have worked I pressed plug down again, only this time it's well and truly stuck ! It won't budge, so I'm not as clever as I thought.

As my lad has Covid and is staying away, I guess I'll be cleaning my teeth in the kitchen sink tomorrow morning !
Good job I've still got an episode of MAFSAU to watch, I need cheering up :rolleyes:   

Scrumpy

I've got the good old fashioned plugs on a chain in my small sinks.. No problems whatsoever ever.. 
I'm an old fashioned girl..

Do you want me to tell you about MAFSA ?
:grin: :grin:  Perhaps not eh!!!
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

It's an adjustment if it's like mine. The plug that pops up has a screw under it that a lever pushes on. You need to unscrew it a bit to make it longer and tighten the lock nut. 

If it isn't that type sorry.

Alex

Woke up this morning and the bloody telly is off again !  No internet, yet here I am on the tablet.....
 :yell:  :yell:
Sounds like the same plug, but I can't get it out now to look

Scrumpy

I hate days like that.. Everything goes wrong..
Stood in the shower yesterday to clean it .. Turned the hand held lady shower on ready to wash it down.. Didn't notice that the shower head was pointing outside the shower.. Floor became flooded..   
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

Quote from: Alex on Today at 07:58:23 AMI can't get it out now to look
I you're bendy enough you should be able to shove it up from inside the sink cabinet. You'll see the lever going into the pipe. You may even be able to win a bit of length by partly undoing the top of the push rod you press to pop it up.

Failing that lever it out with a couple of pointed knives either side (what I'd do anyway as I'm probably not bendy enough). There is a rubber O ring so take care. If you mess it up they will be on eBay - I bought one in the past when the chrome on one went bad.

Alex

I'm not 'bendy'  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:   but thanks for suggestions.  Think I'll have to wait for my lad to have a negative test !

dextrous63

Top tip for future use for non-pop-anywhere plugs...