technology and cameras,

Started by alfred, March 08, 2022, 07:59:24 AM

« previous - next »

-Oy-

Quote from: Michael Rolls on March 08, 2022, 05:31:51 PM
Just a titch!
Mike 😁😁😁
Here it is with one of my fave small cameras...

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

klondike

Biggest I used was a 120 film in one of those old extending ones. I looked it up and it is less than 2.5 inches wide. A real titch.

-Oy-

Quote from: klondike on March 08, 2022, 07:02:02 PM
Biggest I used was a 120 film in one of those old extending ones. I looked it up and it is less than 2.5 inches wide. A real titch.
I have several that use 120 film - but give different negative sizes. Some shoot sqare (6x6cm) some 6x4.5cm and some 6x9cm

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

klondike

Ah - is your 6x9 6x9cm then? I thought the camera looked small against the 35mm one. I thought you had one of those wooden boxes on a tripod and held a tray of magnesium or whatever it was they set off as a flash  :grin:

Michael Rolls

Is that the Olympus half frame? I had one 24 x 18 on 35 mm
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

-Oy-

Quote from: Michael Rolls on March 08, 2022, 07:53:06 PM
Is that the Olympus half frame? I had one 24 x 18 on 35 mm
Mike
Nope it's 35mm - but the smallest 35mm true rangefinder. It's a crackin' little camera! Here's a shot off it on Fuji Across 100.

Michael Rolls

looks good. come to think of - mine was a rangefinder, but someone - perhaps Olympus? - did a half frame SLR and I'm pretty sure the mirror was hinged vertically, not horizontally
[email protected]

-Oy-

Quote from: Michael Rolls on March 08, 2022, 10:06:06 PM
looks good. come to think of - mine was a rangefinder, but someone - perhaps Olympus? - did a half frame SLR and I'm pretty sure the mirror was hinged vertically, not horizontally
I have a little Yashica half-frame somewhere that shoots vertically to get 48 on a 24 roll.

Michael Rolls

yes - that was the format of my half frame
[email protected]

-Oy-

Here's one off the Fuji GW690

The Glenfinnan Memorial and Loch Shiel

Michael Rolls

[email protected]

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on March 08, 2022, 08:36:37 AM

Sam bought a Polaroid Instamatic camera in the late sixties.. We were newly married..
What fun we had with it..  :wink: :grin: :grin:

I doubt that a Polaroid camera was used for anything else.

I bet there are still a few shocks waiting for kids when they clear out their parent's house.  :grin:
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]