The 'Other Place'.

Started by zoony, December 15, 2021, 03:55:34 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

HTTP/1.1 522 from 2021-12-20 01:44 to 01:59 - down for 15 minutes
HTTP/1.1 522 from 2021-12-20 03:35 to 03:52 - down for 17 minutes
HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable from 2021-12-20 06:22 to 06:25 - down for 3 minutes
HTTP/1.1 522 from 2021-12-20 07:03 to 07:06 - down for 3 minutes
HTTP/1.1 522 from 2021-12-20 09:27 to 09:39 - down for 12 minutes
Total downtime 50 minutes

Raven

I'm probably over reacting, but I'm getting very uptight about the other forum. :waiting: I seldom get in and if I do, then, I hardly get to post before I'm shut out again.  :522_error:
Chris had been emailed by several people I believe, but refuses to explain anything. :nooo: I don't know what's going on with him, but I feel we deserve some sort of explanation, even if it's "The End Goodbye"  :cry:
This forum is fast becoming my first stop of the day, I feel kind of guilty about it, but if that's the way the Cookie is crumbling......So be it.
Happy New PF, and all who sail with her.  [2090]

Diasi

Quote from: Raven on December 20, 2021, 12:42:42 PM
I'm probably over reacting, but I'm getting very uptight about the other forum. :waiting: I seldom get in and if I do, then, I hardly get to post before I'm shut out again.  :522_error:
Chris had been emailed by several people I believe, but refuses to explain anything. :nooo: I don't know what's going on with him, but I feel we deserve some sort of explanation, even if it's "The End Goodbye"  :cry:
This forum is fast becoming my first stop of the day, I feel kind of guilty about it, but if that's the way the Cookie is crumbling......So be it.
Happy New PF, and all who sail with her.  [2090]

Hi Raven, you're not overreacting & you've nothing to feel guilty about.

I ran my businesses on the basis that they were only as good as the last satisfied client & many businesses fail because they rely on past successes which they don't continue to emulate.

Chris started a very useful forum that has been a lifeline for some members but the forum is only as good as it is at any point in time.

Chris knows that there are PF members who can help with any problems but if he refuses to engage it's entirely his fault if it goes down the pan.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

zoony

Oh God! I do hope it's not RIP PF. It's been a lifeline for me over the last few years which have been brutal. Whatever happens, thank you Chris for all that help and support and I hope you have a good Christmas 'n New Year..

Alex

You'll have to wish him that on the other place Zoon, he won't be able to see this  :cowboy:

crabbyob

who said blonds are dumb... :rolleyes:

klondike

I do think you must have been very unlucky Raven as although PF does have several outages a day they don't last all that long. I for one hope they are fixed.

Don't forget that this forum isn't running in a data centre it's running on a Raspberry Pi on a shelf in my back bedroom. I take 4 hourly backups of the database (or rather the Pi does) and the actual code is in my Dropbox and on the Pi disk. What isn't currently backed up apart from periodic image copies of the entire Pi disk are any uploads made. I'll maybe knock up a script for backing up the whole forum and its database to my Google Drive sometime when I get around to it. But it isn't as safe as a hosted site and if I get run over by a bus could all vanish entirely although maybe my son would at least keep it running.

crabbyob

for goodness sake someone send klondike a copy of the green gross code

Alex

Just think, we're all squashed up together on a shelf in klondike's back bedroom  :cowboy:

klondike

A very small one. I was spending time on the desktop up there and the fan I bolted on the case I'd 3D printed for it was getting on my nerves so I got a "heatsink case". It runs a few degrees hotter but is silent. I posted a pic of it before but this is what it currently looks like.

You lot share that with...

A webpage I use for keeping all my favourites in one place where I can access them with any browser.
A gallery of all the stupid pics I post regularly on PF - mostly mickey take pictures to put in poor Brian's posts.
A mini site of all my NHS and ONS covid stats (no need to mask up to use the forum though)
A Wordpress site of mostly local walking pics during lockdown.
Some catalogs of all my movies and boxsets as stored in and exported as SQL from Ant Movies Database app
A VPN I can use to access the home network without leaving open ports (apart fto the Pi server of course).

zoony

Quote from: klondike on December 20, 2021, 04:43:44 PM
I do think you must have been very unlucky Raven as although PF does have several outages a day they don't last all that long. I for one hope they are fixed.

Don't forget that this forum isn't running in a data centre it's running on a Raspberry Pi on a shelf in my back bedroom. I take 4 hourly backups of the database (or rather the Pi does) and the actual code is in my Dropbox and on the Pi disk. What isn't currently backed up apart from periodic image copies of the entire Pi disk are any uploads made. I'll maybe knock up a script for backing up the whole forum and its database to my Google Drive sometime when I get around to it. But it isn't as safe as a hosted site and if I get run over by a bus could all vanish entirely although maybe my son would at least keep it running.

It's not really the duration K, it's the frequency and with no idea how long or short the interruption might be.

klondike

I guess I've spent less time there recently as I've been making and using this site but I have been caught out a few times making a post or trying to log in. I usually look at my monitor if it's logging in as most outages are around the 15 minute mark and if it has been down that long it's likely to be back soon. That said there are plenty that last only 2 or 3 minutes.

Scrumpy

Quote from: Alex on December 20, 2021, 04:57:37 PM
Just think, we're all squashed up together on a shelf in klondike's back bedroom  :cowboy:

On a shelf..

Poor Alex.. On the shelf again. !!
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

zoony

Tek no notice Alex. The ugly face of envy peers and plots..

Alex

At least we're all together  :halo: