Government Adviser Sacked

Started by Alex, June 12, 2022, 03:58:39 PM

« previous - next »

Alex

Qari Asim the head imam at the Makkah mosque in Leeds, who endorsed a campaign for cinemas to cancel a "blasphemous" film about the Prophet Mohammed's daughter, has been dismissed as the Government's anti-Islamophobia adviser.
In a letter to Mr Asim published on the Government website on Saturday, the Department of Levelling Up said: " We have no option but to withdraw the appointment and end your roles with Government with immediate effect.  Your recent support for a campaign to limit free expression - a campaign which has itself encouraged communal tensions - means it is no longer appropriate for you to continue your work with Government in roles designed to promote community harmony"

Well done Michael Gove  :upvote:

klondike

I'm surprised. I thought they just ignored things like that. Perhaps Gove is after the top job. Again.

Jacqueline

He has gone up in my estimation, good old Grove!

GrannyMac

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

-Oy-

Good stuff.

Gove is still a knob.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

Alex

Ashy

Shouldn't he have established the man's character and motivation before making him a top government adviser?

Alex

Good grief Ashy, what was the question again ?  :clap: