Guess who I've just spoken to..

Started by Scrumpy, January 20, 2022, 11:59:52 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

That's sad Scrumpy.
Walter do you remember Hilda Baker who used to make mistakes with her words ?  There is a word for it but I've forgotten.  Anyway, Bea was always doing it and would have us in tucks at times.  She never realised how funny she was.

Scrumpy

Walter.. Beanie was/is absolutely delightful.. Not a nasty bone in her body..
She got confused with her words many a time and told us that the Peasants were in her back garden..  Also There was a man trying to get up her backside..  Backside.!! Back and side of her caravan..  Lovely, lovely lady..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

zoony

Thanks Scrumpy.. Big smile on my face now cos I'd thought the worst. [2090] [2090]  If/when you speak o Bea again would you please give her my fondest regards? Sad about Trixie but she sounds okay about it.

klondike

Quote from: Wandering Walter on January 20, 2022, 01:22:34 PM
I don't know who Bea is but I wish her well from what you have posted she sounds a real character  :smiley:
This link will let you trawl her posts on PF she's had lots of absences on health grounds over the years.
https://www.pensionersforum.co.uk/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=3262

Sheila

That's lovely news Scrumpy.  I wish there was better news about her carers though.  Did she mention her son?

Wandering Walter

Quote from: Alex on January 20, 2022, 01:26:08 PM
That's sad Scrumpy.
Walter do you remember Hilda Baker who used to make mistakes with her words ?  There is a word for it but I've forgotten.  Anyway, Bea was always doing it and would have us in tucks at times.  She never realised how funny she was.

Yes I remember Hilda Baker well and with fondness saw her at Blackpool many years ago , and on the TV not sure but get your word backwards  I think  was called Spoonerism

Alex

zoony

Not at all!.. It was Malapropisms not Spoonerisms.. To use a completely different word that sounds a bit like the one you want. For example; " And there she was, lying prostate on the floor".. Rather than .."lying prostrate on the floor.." I remember Hilda using 'prostitute' instead of 'prostrate'.. Spoonerisms exchange first letter/syllable of one word for another. 'Hairy melon' for 'Mary Ellen'..

GrannyMac

Quote from: zoony on January 20, 2022, 01:30:13 PM
Thanks Scrumpy.. Big smile on my face now cos I'd thought the worst. [2090] [2090]  If/when you speak o Bea again would you please give her my fondest regards? Sad about Trixie but she sounds okay about it.

And mine. She is missed.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

Yes .. you are right Zoony.. I, along with Walter, thought of spoonerisms..
Beanie was good at it..

Scrumpy

I will speak to her again but she has breathing problems and needs her oxygen so it can be difficult.. Also , she doesn't answer the phone very often..
She gave us a lot pleasure.. that's for sure..

crabbyob

i remember she told me i made her laugh.... it brought a lump to my throat...

Michael Rolls

So good to hear about her - give her my regards as well, please.
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

alfred

Well done Scrumpy its nice to know that beanie  O.K. and I'm sorry she has had a bad time of it , how ever lets hope she will at some future date
join us on the forum,.

thank you for keeping us informed,

Scrumpy

Unfortunately Beanie will not be joining us here on the forum .. She isn't well enough..

When she answered my phone call I said
'Beanie... bloody hell we thought you was dead'..
She instantly recognised my voice..
' Scrumpy... Scrumpy.. Tell them I'm not dead'..
I told her of the forum..and I did tell her that we all loved her and often spoke about her.. She was so happy to hear that..
But she quickly runs out of breath..