Just in case..

Started by Scrumpy, Yesterday at 05:32:25 PM

« previous - next »

klondike

I see the eBay ones are printed. With no printer it's probably worth paying a reasonable amount to get a printed version which I'm guessing would be needed.

Scrumpy

I don't have a printer.. I'm not too clever when using the Internet.. 
I guess it's what suits .. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Cassandra

Quote from: Scrumpy on Yesterday at 05:32:25 PMToday I sorted out a new Will .. I also set up Power of Attorney.... Just in case.. Bloody costly..
I believe it is worth sorting out .. It can be a damned nuisance for anyone trying to run another's finances..

Has anyone else on here set up Power of Attorney..?

Yes too many to remember. There are two kinds/ Health, where your daughter could turn you off on a life sustaining machine near the end and then another concerning Finance. Last time I did them, they were about £700 each. From the 'Office of the Public Guardian' (Blair Invention). Easily the worse Govt Dept I ever had to deal with in a lifetime, lazy, useless loafers.

Last time after many months of doing zilch they sent me authority over someone I'd never heard of! Were based in Camden, the 'Alma Mater' of all things Left wing, woke, snowflake and claiming to be legal ...

Hope you did the will yourself, as long as it's reliably witnessed it will act as your wishes, until cancelled or deited by a codacil (revision or addition) - likewise needing two witnesses.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

klondike

Quote from: Cassandra on Today at 05:18:38 PMLast time I did them, they were about £700 each. From the 'Office of the Public Guardian'

Do I detect a charge for a PoA in the same way they charge for Probate?

Scrumpy

Quote from: Cassandra on Today at 05:18:38 PMHope you did the will yourself, as long as it's reliably witnessed it will act as your wishes, until cancelled or deited by a codacil (revision or addition) - likewise needing two witnesses.
No I did not do the will myself.. It needed someone who could word it properly.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..