Prince Harry and the Taxpayer

Started by muddy, March 29, 2024, 02:56:58 PM

« previous - next »

muddy

The dozy prince of belle air or Montecito in this case has cost the British taxpayer over £500000 due to his stupid court case .
The Duke of Sussex has brought a case against the Home Office over its removal of automatic high-level police protection for him and his family when they are in Britain.
So far, £180,000 has been paid in fees to leading barristers to defend the Home Office case. Another £320,000 has gone to the government's own legal department, comprising the Attorney General, the Solicitor General and Treasury Counsel and all their staff.
Court costs and other bits of pink string and sealing wax have taken the total bill well over £500,000, all paid for by the hard-pressed British taxpayer.

😡

JBR

Quote from: muddy on March 29, 2024, 02:56:58 PMThe dozy prince of belle air or Montecito in this case has cost the British taxpayer over £500000 due to his stupid court case .
The Duke of Sussex has brought a case against the Home Office over its removal of automatic high-level police protection for him and his family when they are in Britain.
So far, £180,000 has been paid in fees to leading barristers to defend the Home Office case. Another £320,000 has gone to the government's own legal department, comprising the Attorney General, the Solicitor General and Treasury Counsel and all their staff.
Court costs and other bits of pink string and sealing wax have taken the total bill well over £500,000, all paid for by the hard-pressed British taxpayer.

😡
My only hope is that when this particular case is eventually concluded, we (our country) will be able to claim all of our costs from Harold.
How he manages to obtain that money is entirely his business.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Cassandra

Quote from: JBR on March 29, 2024, 03:04:50 PMMy only hope is that when this particular case is eventually concluded, we (our country) will be able to claim all of our costs from Harold.
How he manages to obtain that money is entirely his business.

The case to date:

Retired High Court judge Sir Peter Lane, rejected the Duke of Sussex's case.

He ruled the decision to change his security status was not unlawful or "irrational", and that there had been no "procedural unfairness".

The judge added: "Even if such procedural unfairness occurred, the court would in any event be prevented from granting the claimant relief.

"This is because, leaving aside any such unlawfulness, it is highly likely that the outcome for the claimant would not have been substantially different."

The 'alleged' half million squids in 'legal expenses' are then reclaimable from HRH Harold as costs. Peter Lane's opinion is sound and is in my opinion, without judicial review unshakeable. However the Prince of Berks of course really believes he's above the law and the fornicating prats who flatter this opinion by lining up to gawp at his axiomatic density, encourage him in this endeavour! His law firm know this and are encouraging the duffer to 'show-boat', hoping that 'sack-bag' Sunak will cave in and give him a squad of plods, probably armed with catapults (checked by LGBT inspectors)  to protect him.

It's simple stay away, live your life 'safely in L.A. (what an oxymoron). Save money, don't be a target to the illegally imported, potential terrorists the UK is hoarding unfiltered, at the rate of 700 + every week.
My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

JBR

Excellent explanation, Cassandra.
I am pleased that we don't owe him anything although, as you say, corruption in Parliament is pretty much expected these days.  We could end up giving him everything he hopes for, unfortunately, despite him deserving nothing.

Scrumpy

You make it all sound so simple Cassandra.. 
Even I can understand what you are saying..

Harry is a prat.. He is so up his own arse and loves to be in the limelight.. for fear of being forgotten by us..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on March 29, 2024, 07:44:29 PMYou make it all sound so simple Cassandra..
Even I can understand what you are saying..

Harry is a prat.. He is so up his own arse and loves to be in the limelight.. for fear of being forgotten by us..
I assure you that I try to forget about him.  I really do.
Unfortunately, the stupid telly people keep showing pictures of him flaunting his 'Royal status'!

Although I seem to keep seeing him, at least I find his appearances slightly amusing.

Scrumpy

If he prefers to live in the USA to living in the UK why doesn't he just get on with living there..!!
He is beginning to realise that he is not as popular out there as he was when first settling there .. even they are tiring of him and her.. And , thick as he is, he knows the UK are not too keen.. Not since the death of Elizabeth.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

I do wish the media would honour his demand for privacy and stop slapping his and her pictures all over their front pages. Where could they possibly be getting all the stories  :rolleyes:

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on March 30, 2024, 07:49:23 AMIf he prefers to live in the USA to living in the UK why doesn't he just get on with living there..!!
He is beginning to realise that he is not as popular out there as he was when first settling there .. even they are tiring of him and her.. And , thick as he is, he knows the UK are not too keen.. Not since the death of Elizabeth..
The reason he keeps popping up on our news programmes is that he (or his boss) knows that the pair of them must keep their faces in the news.  They know that they need to keep reminding the American people that they are (apparently) of Royal descent in order to remain in the news.

When the day comes that they lose any interest in America, they'll have to think again as they are clearly not welcome in this country.  Harold will probably keep trying to gain some support here by popping in from time to time on some pretext.  It won't endear him to us any more that his earlier attempts have done.

They get what they deserve.

Alex

They've become so boring I really can't be bothered any more  :zzz:

muddy

I think they are boring but what is not boring is the amount paid to Barrister sto defend the case for not hiring out the security services to this spoiled brat .

Using taxpayer money .

FGS the main danger to him is probably Princess Anne who might feel inclined to whack him one with her riding  whip .
Or Prince William who may want to break another expensive dog bowl over his head .

JBR

Quote from: muddy on March 30, 2024, 01:06:54 PMI think they are boring but what is not boring is the amount paid to Barrister sto defend the case for not hiring out the security services to this spoiled brat .

Using taxpayer money .

FGS the main danger to him is probably Princess Anne who might feel inclined to whack him one with her riding  whip .
Or Prince William who may want to break another expensive dog bowl over his head .
🤣  Hear hear.

Cassandra

Quote from: muddy on March 30, 2024, 01:06:54 PMI think they are boring but what is not boring is the amount paid to Barristers, to defend the case for not hiring out the security services to this spoiled brat .

Using taxpayer money .

As previously stated. In this case the claimant (Harold Berk) lost, therefore he pays the legal fees for the defence.

The better a 'Counsel' is the more he can charge, simple open market forces apply as in most things.

To not mount a defence would mean a 'claim anything you want' world uncontested ...

klondike

Are costs awarded automatically or does the judge have to award them? In short is there any chance that some taxpayer's money has been wasted on this?

Cassandra

Quote from: klondike on March 30, 2024, 10:03:57 PMAre costs awarded automatically or does the judge have to award them? In short is there any chance that some taxpayer's money has been wasted on this?

The 'Court' awards damages, following detailed consideration, any costs awards are open to 'taxation' a procedure to investigate their validity. This means they can be varied by a 'taxing judge' or a 'taxing officer'.

Costs within the British Justice system in my experience were expertly accrued in their application and fairness.