« previous - next »

Scrumpy

Wordle 298 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Tricky one today.. I didn't have one letter.. got it in 5.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

judging by the time it takes me to complete Wordle, I feel Quordle would tax my attention span, but thanks for the thought
Mike
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

Just had a look at Quordle and just don't understand it. Obviously the four grids have different words, but when I enter a letter it appears in the same place in all four grids - don't see how it is possible to get answers under those circumstances - what am I missing?
Mike
[email protected]

klondike

You put in a word. It shows you where the letters in it appear in each of the 4 targets. Concentrating on one won't usually help with the others so don't guess a specific answer until pretty sure. Try guess words with as many unused letters and positions for known ones  first to narrow things down.

Hard to explain tactics. Yours may well end up different from mine anyway.

-Oy-

Toughie!

Wordle 298 5/6

⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."

Alex

Took me 5 today, zero on first try !

GrannyMac

Wordle 298 3/6

⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Daily Quordle 79
4️⃣8️⃣
5️⃣7️⃣
quordle.com
🟨⬜🟩⬜⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟨🟨 ⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜ 🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ ⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ ⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ ⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩 🟨⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜ ⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩 ⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜ ⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ ⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

GrannyMac

Quote from: klondike on April 13, 2022, 08:48:21 AM
You put in a word. It shows you where the letters in it appear in each of the 4 targets. Concentrating on one won't usually help with the others so don't guess a specific answer until pretty sure. Try guess words with as many unused letters and positions for known ones  first to narrow things down.

Hard to explain tactics. Yours may well end up different from mine anyway.

I kept trying on one word for quite a while before it clicked!  Using as many different letters is the secret.  :smiley:
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Michael Rolls

Sorry if I am being thick, but I still don't get it. Suppose I use the word 'Arose' as my first guess and the four words are actually as I have laid out

Arose  Arose
Depth Hopes
Arose  Arose
Janus  Zebra

In the first grid I have the 'E' but in the wrong position. In the second grid I have the 'E' and the 'S', both in the wrong position. In the third grid I have the 'A' and the 'S', both in the wrong position, and in the last grid I have the 'A' and the 'E', again wrongly positioned. If I could address each grid independently, my second guesses would be different words in each grid, and so on – but it doesn't allow that. The only way that could possibly work – unless I am missing something – would be if all four answers were the same. No?
Mike
[email protected]

klondike

OK let me go through a practice game.

First off I have entered my usual 2 start words. They use the vowels and all the most common letters other than S and H

From that we have all the letters of the second word. I chanced on there being only one anagram

Time to throw in some unused letters. I used the S and H I mentioned as common and a Y is always a good substitute vowel. 

Now a stupid error. In a rush I bunged in TODAY despite it being clear there is no A in the one I was guessing.

Correct the silly error and guess the fourth word and we are almost done.

Complete

Michael Rolls

thanks for the explanation, but I doubt I have the patience for it - but I am impressed by those of you who do
Mike
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

well, I had a go and succeeded, but it's too much like hard work for light entertainment for me, I'm afraid

Daily Quordle 79
6️⃣7️⃣
5️⃣9️⃣
quordle.com
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜ 🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜🟩⬜ ⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟨 ⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜ 🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜ ⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

🟨⬜⬜⬜🟩 🟨🟨⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟨🟨🟩⬜ 🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟨🟨 ⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩 ⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 ⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ ⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ ⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ ⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Michael.. You did fine considering it is your first try..
It is just like playing Wordle in 4 separate boxes..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Michael Rolls

to be honest, I found it frustrating that you have to use the same word in each grid - goes again my idea of logic
Mike
[email protected]

klondike

You'd just be playing wordle four times if you had four choices of words. You obviously pretty much waste a go on the others when you enter an answer but you get more attempts.