Homemade gifts..

Started by Scrumpy, February 28, 2022, 02:00:22 PM

« previous - next »

Scrumpy

At the moment I am putting together a gift for my daughter...It takes me a while but it is worth it..

I am constructing a sign post with arrows pointing in the direction of different places that are special to my daughter and her husband... France.. Modbury etc: showing the distance in miles..
I was advised to put a primmer on the (pointers) plus an undercoat.. Then a matt colour .. with lettering in gloss...
Any thoughts on this please... ? or ideas that would help..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

What material are you using for the sign post  ?

Scrumpy

A wooden fence post.. It will be treated already.. and untreated wood for pointers..

klondike

Your painting scheme seems fine to me.

Alex

Sounds good to me Scrumpy, primer is always important.  Don't forget before and after photos  :upvote:

crabbyob

i bet you were an amazing mum when she was a kid..
because you areamazing now...xxx

zoony

GrannyMac

I'd go for grey for the matt colour Scrumpy.  Its very 'in', and it will show up whatever colour gloss you use for the names.  Sounds like a very thoughtful and unique gift.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Scrumpy

Thank you so much for your comments.. I will use primer plus undercoat..
I will also use Grey for my matt colour.. It sounds fine and it is a natural colour..
crabbyob.. !! You are a charmer..x
I will try and put up a pic when it is all done..

crabbyob

and put one up of the signpost too..... :rofl:

Diasi

Quote from: Scrumpy on February 28, 2022, 02:00:22 PM

I am constructing a sign post with arrows pointing in the direction of different places that are special to my daughter and her husband... France.. Modbury etc: showing the distance in miles..

Direction & distances from where?
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Scrumpy

From where the post is situated.... !!!  Some places are a far away.. others nearby and one on the spot..
Why do you ask.?

Alex

Quote from: Diasi on March 01, 2022, 07:48:23 AM
Direction & distances from where?

I'd guess her daughter's garden  :grin: :grin: :grin:

Scrumpy

crabbyob

i really do think its a great idea for a gift for someone who has travelled
i might do one for my Landlady in Goa, she gets guests from Scotland  [2090] me...lol... Russia, london, usa, Canada... it would look great in her garden, beside my orange tree i grew for a seed...lol