New members please read this first

Started by Mark, January 23, 2022, 07:55:18 AM

« previous - next »

Mark

Whether you are new to forums in general or just here in particular these are some hints for understanding this place.

Ok so you've turned up and registered. What to do next? By all means trawl around as just registering will have opened some boards to you. Next step is up to you but it would be nice if you posted something about yourself in this Announcements board.

After that do as you wish but please please do post even if it is only to say you agree with some post or other but it would be a lot more interesting should you disagree or add some new point. Maybe join in the word games - great post builders which will shortly open up more boards to you.

Everybody here is friendly. Please join in and get to know the folk here. By doing so we'll get to know you. Remember it costs nowt to use this site. There are no adverts. If you read please post too otherwise you will remain in the Lurker category forever or until I decide the account was probably set up by a spambot and delete it.

Rules?
Well right now none of note.
Should you wander off track nobody is going to be jumping up shouting  :off:

If you let slip the odd mild expletive it won't be [censored] but please don't be too much of a potty mouth or you'll put me to the annoyance of having to put stuff into the profanity filter.

If stuff goes in the wrong section nobody will get excited although I may move it.
Don't worry about posting  :spam: as I can delete accounts and threads quicker than you can create them.

I lead a double life. I am the site admin but mostly use this id as a normal poster here. If stuff doesn't work or you can't figure out how to do something but don't want to post to ask just use the Personal Messaging to ask me. Better me than Mark which is the id I use to mess things up change forum functionality as I spend more time as klondike than Mark I will see the message quicker.