Going out for coffee

Started by muddy, March 31, 2024, 10:48:01 PM

« previous - next »

muddy

There is a trend among younger people to go out for coffee in the morning .
It seems strange  to me .
Perhaps something from America .
Why go out ( in the morning )  why not drink coffee at home?

JBR

Quote from: muddy on March 31, 2024, 10:48:01 PMThere is a trend among younger people to go out for coffee in the morning .
It seems strained to me .
Perhaps something from America .
Why go out ( in the morning )  why not drink coffee at home?
I agree.
I always have coffee for breakfast, and I see no reason to pay through the nose to drink it in a cafe.
As a true Yorkshireman, I see a distinct advantage of making my own at home!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Scrumpy

I often go out for coffee mid morning .. I drink tea at breakfast..

I have noticed that people go out for breakfast..  I don't do that..

The cost for coffee can be very expensive....
Martha (granddaughter) picked up a takeaway coffee on her way to see me.. she asked if I would like one.. I didn't.. The cost of her coffee was 4 pounds.. !!!
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

klondike

While people pay those prices will continue. The ingredients are not hugely expensive so it must be the high wages baristas command  :rolleyes:

1955vintage

I have a Sage bean to expresso machine at home, and make an Americano most mornings. High quality Illy beans lead to an excellent cup of coffee every morning, sometimes two.

illy Coffee and Coffee Machines Offers | Special Deals - illy
The problem with being retired is that you never get a day off

klondike

I have a bean to cup machine but I'm not man enough for espresso. Alex is though.

Scrumpy

A Latte one shot for me.. I'm a woosie when it comes to strong coffee.. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

Yep, I love strong coffee and weak tea !   I do go out for coffee but it's usually lunchtime when we have a bite to eat and a coffee.  Americano is my usual tipple in a cafe, but the quality varies of course :smiley:

muddy

Although I love the smell of roast coffee beans I only drink weak  black Gold Blend type .
Otherwise I would be bouncing off the walls .
In S America where they serve strong black coffee is always accompanied by a glass of water to take the taste away .

GrannyMac

We're on holiday. This morning we got coffee on the move from Starbucks, Americano for OH, flat white for me.  Bought a few bits and went back to our apartment for breakfast. Makes a nice change occasionally.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖