earth learn from his pain.
May his resurrection bring
hope, may his truth remain -
for Christ is risen !

© March 2024

Raven

Happy Easter to you too Tabby. 🐇 🙂

Alex

Happy Easter to everyone. Surprisingly, the BBC is still broadcasting Easter Sunday Service from Canterbury Cathedral.

JBR

Talking about the BBC, they have for the first time decided not to broadcast on television the Nine Lessons and Carols service from Kings College Chapel, Cambridge this year.  It can be heard on Radio 3 and on the World Service.  I assume that the BBC believes that there are not many Christians now in the UK.

(Not Easter, of course.)

I look forward to watching a 'musical' service from a mosque instead.  That would suit the BBC better.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

Not sure just what it was but recall channel hopping and coming across a programme showing a circular crowd of prostate robed figures with some odd musical accompanyment that I swear wasn't using an 8 note scale. Every so often one of the figures towards the edge would rise and produce god awful wailing then get back down again. Some eastern religion for sure but I don't think it was muslims. The shear oddness kept us watching for several minutes. Never know for sure but watching may have saved me from eternal damnation.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on March 31, 2024, 06:14:24 PMNot sure just what it was but recall channel hopping and coming across a programme showing a circular crowd of prostate robed figures with some odd musical accompanyment that I swear wasn't using an 8 note scale. Every so often one of the figures towards the edge would rise and produce god awful wailing then get back down again. Some eastern religion for sure but I don't think it was muslims. The shear oddness kept us watching for several minutes. Never know for sure but watching may have saved me from eternal damnation.
No idea, but Kings is one of my favourite types of music, though I am not in any way religious.
They are, without doubt, the best choir of its type in the world.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Scrumpy

Happy Easter.. to you all.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..