Do you dream?

Started by Silver Tabby, March 30, 2024, 05:57:27 PM

« previous - next »

Silver Tabby

If so, do you remember them?  Being someone who sleeps very deeply I have always said I didn't dream but was told by a neurologist that everyone does dream but not everyone remembers.   Don't think I have ever had a nightmare though.

So - do you dream  and do you enjoy them?

JBR

Quote from: Silver Tabby on March 30, 2024, 05:57:27 PMIf so, do you remember them?  Being someone who sleeps very deeply I have always said I didn't dream but was told by a neurologist that everyone does dream but not everyone remembers.  Don't think I have ever had a nightmare though.

So - do you dream  and do you enjoy them?
I'm sure I do dream, and I'm equally sure that everybody does.
However if I remember any dreams, they are likely to be the ones I have had just before waking up.
Some are quite interesting and, I assume, would be something which has been on my mind earlier the day before.

Daydreams are rather different, and are often about 'things that might have been'!
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

I know I dream. I know they are usually bizarre and I rarely remember anything much about them after and those memories don't last long.

What I did remember is bringing this topic up ages ago so I searched to see what dream I had remembered and found this...

I rarely remember mine but I woke this morning in the middle of one that was so bizzare that I hope there are no dream analysts around. I only remember some of it...

I was staying with some very rich friends on a huge estate of theirs. I was in the middle of bathing a quite big blue puppy that belonged to them. It was living but it's fur looked like knitted wool. Word came that there were some enemies on their way and we all had to flee.

I don't remember any of that now and although I know when I woke up for a pee last night I had been having an odd dream but absolutely nothing about it. Maybe just as well.

Silver Tabby

Do you believe that dreams can hold portents, be omens, or even solve problems?

Raven

On occasion, I seldom remember but I often wake with a jump and shaking, I know I've been dreaming but don't know what about. Maybe it's just as well I don't know, it can't be anything good.

JBR

Quote from: klondike on March 30, 2024, 06:55:11 PMI don't remember any of that now and although I know when I woke up for a pee last night 

Oh, I do that.  I think it's a sign of age.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

klondike

Quote from: Silver Tabby on March 30, 2024, 07:07:45 PMDo you believe that dreams can hold portents, be omens, or even solve problems?
On many occasions when I have woken up I have an idea for something I was pondering the previous day. I doubt it was dreaming as such but the brain sifting stuff over while you sleep is pretty much certain imo.

Portents? No. I don't do mysticism.

GrannyMac

If I do, I don't remember.  I sleep pretty deeply.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Diasi

I dream quite a lot & I rarely sleep for more than a couple of hours at a time without waking up.

As Alexa will confirm when she has to keep telling me the time.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

Michael Rolls

I dream quite a lot and some are really bizarre, and some are plain boring Once the entire dream was devoted to shaving with an electric razor - at the time I didn't possess one
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Alex

I sleep for about 2 hours then wake up, then sleep again for another 2 or sometimes 3 hours and I do dream.  I can just remember what it was about when I wake up for the 2nd time, some dreams are a bit odd :grin:

Scrumpy

I wake up many times through the night.. 
When I do dream it is usually about being lost and trying to find the way home.. my legs don't always work and I am getting nowhere..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..