Car Insurance Premium Hikes.

Started by Diasi, March 11, 2024, 09:51:20 AM

« previous - next »

Diasi

It's been getting some media coverage for a while & one driver said his renewal premium had increased from £340 to £1,200 but of course he didn't specify what car he had.

Have any of you had renewal quotes that are astronomically high, for a bog standard petrol / diesel car?
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

My renewal quote was certainly very high. I got it cheaper elsewhere but it was still higher than the year before which itself was the highest I've ever paid. You'll find plenty of reports of the cost increasing by a lot. Certainly I have changed insurer almost every year since there were price comparison and cashback sites around. Just noticed that my £45 for using the TopCashBack comparison site has been confirmed which eases the pain some.

Diasi

I paid £365 last year so I'll see what the renewal is this year.

I've always checked on the comparison sites but last year they couldn't beat my renewal quote so I stayed put.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

klondike

Don't forget cashback. That can often tip the balance. I've used Topcashback's own comparison for several years now and they even offer cashback on using comparison sites. Their own comparison is actually a rebrand of one of the others which will be obvious if you try several as I usually do.

That said I'm just letting my house insurance renew for the second year in a row,

GrannyMac

We've stuck with Tesco, £350.  Not a big increase from last year.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖