Look At Life

Started by Ashy, February 04, 2024, 11:04:55 AM

« previous - next »

Ashy

Rank made a large number of short documentaries in the 1960s probably on hundreds of different subjects and they were shown in their cinemas between films. That was in the days when we got two pictures and a Pearl and Dean.

The series is now shown on Talking Pictures TV, and they show all aspects of life, just as it was. To quote Franz Kafka (I think) "Nothing has changed like the people".

Scrumpy

Brilliant.. So many memories..
I wore a mauve mohair mini skirt that only just covered my bottom.. and black thigh boots..
On walking into a bar one guy remarked  'Here comes the Gestapo'
 I was later to marry him..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

Quote from: Scrumpy on February 04, 2024, 11:38:56 AMBrilliant.. So many memories..
I wore a mauve mohair mini skirt that only just covered my bottom.. and black thigh boots..
On walking into a bar one guy remarked  'Here comes the Gestapo'
 I was later to marry him..
Ooh!  You loose woman!

Miniskirts seem to have disappeared at one time but, fortunately, seem to be coming back into fashion.
No, I'm not a fashion freak.  I just know what I like.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

GrannyMac

I loved my miniskirts, American tan tights, white knee boots.  Those were the days!
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

Alex

I had the same as GM, American tan tights and White boots, I thought I was the bees knees.   Suede hot pants was another favourite of mine  :yahoo:

Raven

Late sixties early seventies I was in my element. Don't laugh I have short hair in this photo.  :embarrassed:

JBR

Quote from: Raven on February 04, 2024, 02:20:48 PMLate sixties early seventies I was in my element. Don't laugh I have short hair in this photo.  :embarrassed:
A tantalising view of the crack

in the front of the skirt.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

GrannyMac

Raven

Alex

I went to the Grafton years back  :smiley:  :smiley:  :smiley:

GrannyMac

Me too. Does anyone remember Paige? 

Raven

Yes, Grafton and Page were both on Perth's High St, I had to pass them both on my way to work. I also lived just off the High Street so both were handy.

Scrumpy

Me and my mate Connie had cigarette holders.. We thought we looked well posh and mysterious..
The Orchid Ballroom was the place to be seen..
We were out of our depth if we went to the Kings Road Chelsea .. 
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

GrannyMac

Quote from: Raven on February 05, 2024, 04:22:38 PMYes, Grafton and Page were both on Perth's High St, I had to pass them both on my way to work. I also lived just off the High Street so both were handy.
Do you remember a hairdressers called Parr's that had a branch in Perth? Late 1960s, don't know when it closed.

Raven

No, I don't remember a Parrs but I do remember a Paynes Hairdresser, in Princes St. My hairdresser was a pal and if I wanted anything done she came to my wee flat.