Gobsmacked !

Started by Alex, January 27, 2024, 10:37:56 AM

« previous - next »

Alex

Scrumpy

Nothing shocks me anymore.. It will continue to grow.. and grow..
Until no more will the Lords Prayer be accepted in any place of worship.. Christians will have to meet in secret.. and go into hiding should they be slain .
  I am sure this sort of thing happened in Henry V111 reign..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

JBR

The future is becoming clear.
The muslim empire will continue to expand, presently by stealth, but perhaps militarily when they have grown strong enough.
I'm afraid that we, the white British, have been complicit in encouraging it in our country.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Alex

Did you notice the blonde woman in front of the "wailer"  she looked uncomfortable and a bit nervous.  Who on earth gave permission for this to happen ?

Diasi

Quote from: Alex on January 27, 2024, 12:33:52 PMDid you notice the blonde woman in front of the "wailer"  she looked uncomfortable and a bit nervous.  Who on earth gave permission for this to happen ?
Somebody who didn't want to have to take his family into police protection hiding for refusing to allow it.
Make every day count, each day is precious.
"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal".  (Cassandra)
[email protected]

muddy

Quote from: JBR on January 27, 2024, 11:28:01 AMThe future is becoming clear.
The muslim empire will continue to expand, presently by stealth, but perhaps militarily when they have grown strong enough.
I'm afraid that we, the white British, have been complicit in encouraging it in our country.

What a terrible state our country is come to.😢

GrannyMac

Make everything secular except churches, chapels, synagogues and mosques.  Its a council meeting! No need for any religion elsewhere.  IMHO.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖

JBR

Quote from: GrannyMac on January 27, 2024, 04:42:38 PMMake everything secular except churches, chapels, synagogues and mosques.  Its a council meeting! No need for any religion elsewhere.  IMHO.
That, in my opinion, is probably the safest thing we could do.

It also made me think about the next coronation.  Charlie-boy is getting on now and it is possible that William will be made King in my lifetime, as he is a couple of years older than me.
It occurred to me that the coronation service may also be modified to include our forthcoming majority religion.
Presumably it will still be held in Westminster Abbey, but will the service be completely Christian or will it be modified to include muslim words and activities?

Or will it go the whole hog and be held in a mosque?!

dextrous63

Defender of which faith?

ansu

Quite interesting, but what about another alternative - coronation of William like in Denmark lately? Would even save a lot of money.

Ashy

Quote from: dextrous63 on January 27, 2024, 05:41:43 PMDefender of which faith?
Can't defend them all because one religion will attack the others unless they are kept separate.

JBR

Quote from: Ashy on January 27, 2024, 09:05:11 PMCan't defend them all because one religion will attack the others unless they are kept separate.

Yes, it's what religions do!
And of course, as we all know, each religion is the only true one.

I find life much simpler being an atheist... and it doesn't cost anything!

dextrous63

I take your points.  However, I was perhaps a bit too brief in my post.  I was alluding to the point that a coronation has the role of "defender of the faith" (by which, one assumes the CoE as the monarch is the head of it) as an inherent feature, surely?  

JBR

Quote from: dextrous63 on January 27, 2024, 09:43:58 PMI take your points.  However, I was perhaps a bit too brief in my post.  I was alluding to the point that a coronation has the role of "defender of the faith" (by which, one assumes the CoE as the monarch is the head of it) as an inherent feature, surely? 
Yes, I take your point.
It is an inherent feature of monarchy, and has been for well over a thousand years.
Of course, for most of those years, belief in a god was almost universal and, consequently, the king (they were all kings in those days) used the concept to ensure that no-one would dream of disobeying them!

I reckon that this idea worked perfectly well when everyone in the kingdom believed in the same god.
Today, we have umpteen different ideas of whose god is the top dog and, of course, everyone disagrees!

On the other hand, if the country became almost uniquely occupied by atheists, the concept would have no weight.  I wonder if they'd drop the tradition then.

Muslim countries seem to have a leader who claims to have the unflinching support of their god (for exactly the same reason that our kings have done it).
I wonder how long it will be before our Christian kings will be usurped by muslim holy men (it's always men!)?

dextrous63

No idea how long before Johnny "the mussy" Foreigner gets to add minarets to all cathedrals, synagogues, churches and temples, but I like the idea of an interim Defender of the Humanists position for the monarch.