Home Office sending more boats to collect illegals

Started by JBR, January 22, 2024, 03:25:03 PM

« previous - next »

JBR

Quote from: GrannyMac on January 28, 2024, 02:22:27 PMWhoever gets in won't affect us much, in fact Labour may raise the personal tax allowance which will help some pensioners.  Not sure about the triple lock though. A change of govt probably won't affect our children much either, mine are in their 50s and are heading for retirement themselves in a few years. But what about our grandchildren?  Perhaps they'll seize opportunities elsewhere? My 15year old grandson is already looking at what career will afford him a good living,  abroad if needs be.
Yes, Labour may raise the personal tax allowances.  Unfortunately, it is rather pointless assuming what they will do, because Starmer says one thing then a completely opposite thing.  He really doesn't know what to do!
We shall see.

Very wise of your grandson, and many others like him if they think the same way.  I firmly believe that things in this country are going to continue to get worse after Labour get in, and all young people who are considering their careers and future lives should really think about gaining qualifications and experience which will make them attractive to employers in other countries.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire