Home Office sending more boats to collect illegals

Started by JBR, January 22, 2024, 03:25:03 PM

« previous - next »

JBR

Whilst the Lords are now debating the so-called Rwanda treaty, the Home Office are now advertising for private boat owners to enter the Channel to help collect would-be illegal immigrants and help them to come to our shores.
Why?
Perhaps they're preparing for Sir Kneel to form the next government and demand yet more illegal immigrants to come and vote for his party for many years yet to come.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Alex

I've just been reading about this, at a cost of 36 million !

'The Home Office has been forced to charter private patrol boats for a year at a cost of £36 million to help the Border Force pick up migrants in the Channel.

The department has resorted to procuring vessels from the private sector on a temporary basis as it quietly revealed a further two-year delay in its plans to replace the UK's current fleet of Border Force cutters.

Work to replace the five cutters and six coastal patrol vessels will not start until March 2026 — four years later than originally planned.

The Times

Scrumpy

Why don't they just send out a couple of cruise ships and be done with it..
Better still.. Start work on a massive suspension bridge .. with 5* train offering food.. drink.. mobile phones.. medical   attention and sauna thrown in..
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

dextrous63

Quote from: Scrumpy on January 22, 2024, 05:12:24 PMWhy don't they just send out a couple of cruise ships and be done with it..
Better still.. Start work on a massive suspension bridge .. with 5* train offering food.. drink.. mobile phones.. medical  attention and sauna thrown in..
We could ask Michael Portillo to review it.

JBR

In all seriousness, I'm afraid I give up.
Not only the Conservatives, now the Home Office as well.  Later this year the Labour party will offer even more support.
I'm afraid that it will never cease and the Rwanda nonsense will never start, of course.
I feel rather sorry for the young people of this country.

Scrumpy

The young people of this country will be fine.. They are used to mixed races..
My grandchildren Martha and Hattie have many friends of different race and culture.. Those I have met are lovely people.. 
Our time was completely different.. The only intruders  were the travellers parking up where they liked and nicking the tarmac from the M25..
It's a different world, as was my youth.. My mother was shocked at times as to what our lot were getting up to.. 
We travelled.. Women drove motors.. and we stopped wearing aprons that tied us to the kitchen..
 Each generation has/had it's own problems..

Raven

AND, here's another problem for todays young. it was on Breakfast TV before I went off to the pool and it's in the papers. As you say they are different to us when we were the younger generation, and are very different to our parents, the generation that was "called up" to fight in WW2. How will they cope? all the transgender nonsense and the gays, and human rights ect ect the list goes on.
Then there's the migrants pouring into this country, are they going to fight? OR, are they going to skuttle off and look for another country to try and escape to. Bloody Putin, I hope someone puts him down.

JBR

Quote from: Raven on January 24, 2024, 12:13:48 PMAND, here's another problem for todays young. it was on Breakfast TV before I went off to the pool and it's in the papers. As you say they are different to us when we were the younger generation, and are very different to our parents, the generation that was "called up" to fight in WW2. How will they cope? all the transgender nonsense and the gays, and human rights ect ect the list goes on.
Then there's the migrants pouring into this country, are they going to fight? OR, are they going to skuttle off and look for another country to try and escape to. Bloody Putin, I hope someone puts him down.

I am sure that, should there be a call-up in a desperate attempt to restore some numbers to our now-depleted armed forces, the majority of young British people would rather go to prison than agree to fight.  Having said that, all the prisons are full anyway, so how would they be punished?

The powers that be have managed to ruin this country in so many different ways in their yearning for 'equality and diversity' and their 'nett zero' nonsense, that I cannot see us ever restoring it to how it once was.

dextrous63

Maybe we ought to take a leaf out of Hamas' books and build a load of tunnels so the law abiding ethical fold like us can live down there.

klondike

Don't panic. I'm Ready. They won't like it up 'em.

Scrumpy

I wrote this many years back.. Something to make you smile. Klondike's pic reminded me.

We'll Protect our Borders
Me and my boy Pike.
We'll bring along the others
But we can not work at night.
You see , Jonesy gets excited and wants to fight each one
The Fuzzy Wuzzies.. Frenchies.. Kaiser Bill
And all the Hun.
Wilson doesn't have what it takes
He's been brought up to care
He tells them in a very posh voice
'Would you mind awfully standing there'
And then there's Godfrey, long in the tooth
He really should be gone
He worries about sister Dolly
Who bakes the perfect scone.
We have a cannon set in place
But Pike was taken short
Someone shouts 'We're all doomed'
Pike say's 'It's not MY fault'
'Oh be quiet you stupid boy... You forgot to fire the gun'
'You shouldn't talk like that to me
I'm going to tell my mum'
Walker leans against a wall
He says 'It's all a folly'
Then with a wink says
'I'm off home ... with some blokes in a lorry'.
Jones pipes up 'Permission to speak'
He salutes says 'Snakes alive'
'I think we're facing the wrong way'
'The gun is aimed at Hythe'!
'Time to go.. it's time for tea..
Mrs Mainwaring the door will lock
Oh blast.. the bus is crowded
We'll have to ride on top'

Not perfect .. but good fun..

klondike

I enjoyed it and it was pretty much spot on with the characters too.

:upvote: :upvote: :upvote:

Alex

Scrumpy

The truth being we have not progressed from Dad's Army.
We have no idea what we are doing.. 
We send our lifeboats to help the illegal invaders, which I might add , the public keep afloat.. And now the government are asking for the small boats to step in..
When it all boils down ,the government are doing bugger all .. Other then sending loads of our money to France and Rwanda.. Bloody shambles..