sacrilege

Started by Michael Rolls, January 13, 2024, 07:44:37 AM

« previous - next »

Michael Rolls

flicking through YouTube I saw something entitled 'the 1,000 bomber raid'. Expecting it to be a documentary of the three 1,000 bomber raids launced by RAF Bomber Command in May and June 1942 I turned it on. What did I get? A work of pure fiction (turned off rapidly} featuring the USAAF B-17s! To the best of my memory the USAAF never launched a thousand B-17s (no other a/c were shown) on a single raid although some were pretty big. Also the RAF raids were at night, this film showed a daylight raid with typical Yankee bravado - still, if Errol Flynn could defeat the Japanese single-handed, I suppose anything is possible.
Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]

Scrumpy

Erol Flynn along with John Wayne  and The Terminator could sort out all the battles that are going on in the world.. 
I forgot to add the Road Runner...' beep beep'.
Don't ask me.. I know nuffink..

Alex

Hollywood moguls always were fond of changing history.

Ashy

The Americans have saved the world so many times we should be very thankful. :smiley:

JBR

Quote from: Michael Rolls on January 13, 2024, 07:44:37 AMflicking through YouTube I saw something entitled 'the 1,000 bomber raid'. Expecting it to be a documentary of the three 1,000 bomber raids launced by RAF Bomber Command in May and June 1942 I turned it on. What did I get? A work of pure fiction (turned off rapidly} featuring the USAAF B-17s! To the best of my memory the USAAF never launched a thousand B-17s (no other a/c were shown) on a single raid although some were pretty big. Also the RAF raids were at night, this film showed a daylight raid with typical Yankee bravado - still, if Errol Flynn could defeat the Japanese single-handed, I suppose anything is possible.
This is why I don't usually bother to watch American films.  I much prefer old black and white British films made in the days when we still had a country to be proud of.
My father's generation was the last to really make such films on a regular and reliable basis.
My generation continued to do so, but perhaps with a smaller outcome and, of course, 'political correctness' began to creep in too.
What we do now is a very much reduced output with only the occasional output and riddled with women doing what men used to do and, of course, the obligatory non-white lead players far greater in number than their real proportion of British people.
The consequence, British films worth watching are now few and far between.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Michael Rolls

Thank you for the days, the days you gave me
[email protected]