The Reform Party

Started by Alex, January 02, 2024, 10:22:14 PM

« previous - next »

Cassandra

Quote from: JBR on January 03, 2024, 04:05:39 PMIndeed.  The Liberals, who haven't formed a government for nearly eighty years, have managed to infiltrate the Conservative party and are now attempting to form an alliance with the party which is likely to form the next government.
Always the bridegroom, never the bride!
If nothing else, the state of government of this sad country is nothing short of interesting. 🤣

Incidentally, did you mean 'constituency' or 'constabulary'?  😉

I was being sarcastic ...

My little Dog - A heartbeat at my feet ...

dextrous63

Maybe every ballot paper should have a box to vote for the EU.  That way we could genuinely cut out the pointless middlemen of Westminster, saving a fortune by doing so, and let the EU rule us directly.  Might as well.

Cassandra

Quote from: dextrous63 on January 03, 2024, 08:53:47 PMMaybe every ballot paper should have a box to vote for the EU.  That way we could genuinely cut out the pointless middlemen of Westminster, saving a fortune by doing so, and let the EU rule us directly.  Might as well.

"If we left the European Union, it would be a one-way ticket, not a return. So we will have time for a proper, reasoned debate. At the end of that debate you, the British people, will decide."

David Cameron (Now Lord Cameron, Foreign Secretary)

Yeah, as they say over here "No shit Dave" - what a buch of charlatans the 'Conservatives' have deformed into ...

JBR

Quote from: Cassandra on January 03, 2024, 08:38:04 PMI was being sarcastic ...

Yes, that's what I thought.

January 03, 2024, 09:24:46 PM
Quote from: dextrous63 on January 03, 2024, 08:53:47 PMMaybe every ballot paper should have a box to vote for the EU.  That way we could genuinely cut out the pointless middlemen of Westminster, saving a fortune by doing so, and let the EU rule us directly.  Might as well.
Actually, I very much doubt it would cut anything, Westminster or Whitehall.

If we did rejoin the EU, I'm sure that both of those authorities would spend their entire time in accepting whatever the EU dictates.  In fact, I'm sure the latter would also claim the need to expand their 'work'force in order to examine and approve all the orders we receive.
A missionary from Yorkshire to the primitive people of Lancashire

Cassandra

Quote from: Alex on January 03, 2024, 04:00:04 PMI do like Ben Habib, I think he would make a better leader than Richard Tice actually.  I've read that Ben stands a good chance in Wellingborough, Peter Bone was a Brexiteer so perhaps they'll elect another one !

Me too, a highly intelligent and charismatic figure, I'd love to see him win, Nigel will no doubt be visiting the Town a lot in the next month.

See the Tories haven't put up anyone yet, here's a bet. Having worked hard to kill off another wretched Brexiteer via the 'whips office'; whoever it is will be a 'Globalist' from the "here's one I prepared earlier, One Nation Tory mould.

This means a very green, very wet, woke do-gooding, do as your told Remainer.

Interesting times over there ...

GrannyMac

Another fan of Ben Habib here.  Wellingborough will indeed be interesting.
Its not how old you are, but how you are old. 💖